ShowTimes Plugin Suite V2 (2009/12/30) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmanuel

Portal Member
December 2, 2008
MTSA crashes

Mtsa crashes unexpectedly in Vista 32. I am trying to get all the movies for all cinemas near zip code 10128, in the US (lots of them, since it's NY). The error message is simply "MTSA has caused an unexpected error."

Please have a look over it. I have attached the log file to this message. Thank you.

Attachments

• mtsa.txt
    30.6 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ,can some one can help with the xml , in ditle view i can see some box of a darker color on top left side,
    how can i remove it ? please see screenshot...
    thank's
    ysmp

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just upgraded from standalone version 4.3.3 from:

MovieTimes Stand-Alone - MTSA

However, the version at the begining of this thread gives an error complaining about configuration file that worked fine with all versions in the above URL. Also, a log file is no longer produced.

Is there a way to get a version of MTSA that's compatible with the configuration files meant for the above official URL?

There's a lot of people waiting to hear back in the sageTV forum that depends on this version and respective config files... Currently, its completely broken.

nstocke

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Maybe even a copy of a config.xml file that doesn't cause errors with the latest mtsa.exe would be helpful. If someone could post a copy of a working config.xml I might be able to plugin my data and get things working on my system.

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe even a copy of a config.xml file that doesn't cause errors with the latest mtsa.exe would be helpful. If someone could post a copy of a working config.xml I might be able to plugin my data and get things working on my system.

im pretty sure the file i have attached is working with the latest version, think it did last time i checked

Attachments

• config.xml
      30.6 KB

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Thank for the post. But, I'm not sure if every person that uses the last official web version (website) will want to go and dissect their config files to make it work. There are quite a few people who use that version. Plus, there's a software that's already revolves around producing this config file, so that would mean to rewrite the software too. In all previous versions, a simple replacement of the executable was needed. Also, the version fro the website produced a log file too. It appears the there might be two release versions... one for media portal and one for all other software.

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank for the post. But, I'm not sure if every person that uses the last official web version (website) will want to go and dissect their config files to make it work. There are quite a few people who use that version. Plus, there's a software that's already revolves around producing this config file, so that would mean to rewrite the software too. In all previous versions, a simple replacement of the executable was needed. Also, the version fro the website produced a log file too. It appears the there might be two release versions... one for media portal and one for all other software.

My version of MTSA add some new features. This features need a specific config.xml.
    In the next release i'll try to make 'old' config.xml files compatible with my MTSA version. But, really, i think that is better to update the "software that's already revolves around producing this config file" in order to obtain this new features. Don't you think?

Bye,
    Nephilim

P.S. My MTSA produce a log file too... :rolleyes:

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    EDIT: We just added the below lines do our config file and now its working! :)

<BackDropFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Backdrops</BackDropFolder>
    <DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>True</DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>
    <DownloadFanArt>True</DownloadFanArt>
    <PreferEnglishPosters>True</PreferEnglishPosters>
    <PreferEnglishTrailers>True</PreferEnglishTrailers>

Nephilim, forgive me. Perhaps, I'm in the wrong forum/thread. In the past, the MTSA user community (there are several of us) belonging to the official MTSA website MovieTimes Stand-Alone - MTSA would email him when there was a change at yahoo, and he would update the mtsa executable. With the most recent yahoo change, when we let the creator of MTSA know, he just pointed to this thread asking to see if it works or not; if it doesnt, to let him know. I'm not sure if the original author even supports mtsa.exe anymore or not. Unfortunately, I didnt make the software that revolves around the mtsa.exe distributed from the above website, so it's not so simple. I'm guessing the log file doesnt get generated because we are using the config files meant for the original mtsa.exe releases.

My version of MTSA add some new features. This features need a specific config.xml.
    In the next release i'll try to make 'old' config.xml files compatible with my MTSA version. But, really, i think that is better to update the "software that's already revolves around producing this config file" in order to obtain this new features. Don't you think?

Bye,
    Nephilim

P.S. My MTSA produce a log file too... :rolleyes:

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    X mkanet

I want to support the use of my version of MTSA outside MediPortal also. So feel free to ask me for help and/or suggestions.

As i said, next version will work with "old" version of the "config.xml" file.

Bye,
    Nephilim

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Thats great news. I already have a feature suggestion :D

I am sure you probably already thought of this before, but if you have a dedicated/dependable http/ftp server, to have mtsa.exe check to see if there is a newer version. If there's a newer version, to automatically/quietly update mtsa.exe

Thanks again for all your effort.
    Michael

X mkanet

I want to support the use of my version of MTSA outside MediPortal also. So feel free to ask me for help and/or suggestions.

As i said, next version will work with "old" version of the "config.xml" file.

Bye,
    Nephilim

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom