Sick Of WMP Regenerating Low-Res AlbumArt (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you sick of the crappy low-resolution AlbumArt and Folder.jpg that Windows Media Player generates, like I am?

I had deliberately & manually deleted ALL hidden & exposed albumart & folder.jpgs in my entire music collection, only to find (through my ignorance) that the next time I inadvertantly opened up WMP11 it would overwrite & regenerate ALL albumart & folder.jpg to low-res: what a waste of my time!

I found a bath file on the net that, once I had modified it will remove ALL the AlbumArt generated, including the "AlbumArt {**********************************} (large & small).jpg

If you want to test the file on only one folder, place it in one of your [copied] music album folders & execute. To run in automated mode, place on the root drive of your music collection. For me, that is E:\Music

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Attachments

• Remove Folder-jpg.zip
      295 bytes

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In working getting high-res albumart for my collection, I have also discovered a simple batch file that allows one to rename any jpg located on the music drive.

I have found that saving an albumart image already tagged into the music ID3 will be saved by default as cover.jpg (I use Tagscan, but maybe other tag editors work the same). I have put a copy into each of my music album folders. Now, all I have to do is use the attached batch file, & all the cover.jpgs are copied & renamed as folder.jpg.

So, if I inadvertantly overwrite my image files again, it is a simple two-step process to revert my albumart back to high-res for viewing my albums inside of Mediaportal.

Thanks to Jameson_uk for his suggestions which lead me to the batch files.

Attachments

• Rename Folder-jpg.zip
      194 bytes

pinobot

Portal Member
    October 5, 2005
    There's little wrong with the resized albumart. Mediaportal should use the embedded art when playing a file like Windows Media Center does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom