Side by side configuration is incorrect - Can´t start MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    As a workaround / hack for the systems that crash frequently and corrupt the config file you could create a bat that

1) copies a backup version of the config over the real one
    2) starts MP

and use that instead of directly using the mediaportal.exe for launching the MediaPortal.

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Okay.

You can try copy dialogs.dll to Mp root folder. Try to find it from plugin folder or one of its subfolders like window plugins. That dll is missing from Mp root folder. Other option is to reinstall.

Br,

Thank you thank you you just saved my back side. My home Server died and I had to of course start from nothing wiping out all previous backups. Decided the easiest place to do the job was using the power, screen and keyboard from the MP computer. Reinstalled Home Server fine, kicked the MP Box and got the side by side error.

Therefore facing a total rebuild, having just that morning destroyed all the backup copies. That is the time it is going to happen of course!

But to cut the long story short, coping the .dll file fired MP again and up it came!, so pheew, no rebuilding for me. 80,000 plus tracks of music, 2500 movies to be rebuilt in Moving Pictures, TV Mapping channels, then setting up the recording all over again - Saved!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom