signal blocked, no channels found (1 Viewer)

Pete09

July 3, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

New to MediaPortal. I'm aware this error is a popular one. I've read through many previous posts on this. I've tried the suggestions offered there and in the online documentation. I've installed and tried versions 1 and 2. I've disabled the firewall. I'm currently on Windows 7 and plan to move to Windows 10 since it's free until the end of this month. I've been using Windows Media Center with an ATI TV Wonder Digital Cable Tuner for the past 9 years with no trouble. Since WMC is going away in Windows 10, I'm looking for alternatives. So far, I can't get past this error when trying to scan for channels. MP recognizes my tuner during TV Server Configuration, but can't seem to do much else with it. If it helps any, I've attached what I believe is the relevant log file.

If the problem is simply that this tuner doesn't work with MP, I'm open to buying a new one. If I have to spend the money, it would be good to know which CableCARD tuners are compatible with MP. I receive HD service from Comcast.

Thanks, Pete

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Pete

You are the first person I'm aware of who has ever tried to use an ATI CableCARD tuner with MediaPortal. We know that SiliconDust, Ceton and Hauppauge tuners work... but up until now, we had no idea whether ATI tuners worked. It seems they don't. However there's no reason to go out and buy a new tuner just yet. If you can provide access to your PC via TeamViewer, it is likely that I would be able to get your tuner working with MediaPortal. I can guarantee that I will do the best I can to make it work; I cannot guarantee success.

Are you willing to do this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I'll start a private conversation with you so we can exchange details. Expect a message in the next 5 minutes...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Message sent. :)

[edit: To be clear, I've said what to do in the private message that I sent.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom