Signal Locked, no channel (1 Viewer)

MrPortal

February 8, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I upgrade to Windows 10 and you know they discontinued Media Center.
I now chose MediaPortal for the first time.
I am unable to scan for TV.
Search show similar problem and was solved with firewall.
I'd checked my firewall and it's enabled to private not public. I believed it asked me earlier in the beginning and click allowed.
windows recognized and driver installed.... checked.
firewall enabled.......... checked.
Logs?...................not sure where folder location is. Yes, I searched "how to get logs" in forum.
All I want is to be able to record certain show.

23hne6d.png

ih8va8.png

15zns42.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

I am unable to scan for TV.
    How do you receive your TV?
    • digital cable (clear QAM)
    • analog cable
    • aerial (ATSC over the air)
    • other

Search show similar problem and was solved with firewall.
    Firewall is irrelevant for you since you don't appear to have a network-attached tuner (eg. HDHomeRun).

Logs?...................not sure where folder location is. Yes, I searched "how to get logs" in forum.
    You can't have looked hard enough. There's a "sticky"/pinned thread at the top of this [support] section of the forum which links to instructions for getting help including how to collect log files:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118472/
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs

MrPortal

February 8, 2016
    Home Country
    ATSC OFF AIR. Using antenna.

Feel dumb. After got a reply alert, I still couldn't find the document without looking at the link you'd sent.

Will update later tonight

MrPortal

February 8, 2016
    Home Country
    Finally! had time to gather the information.
    I'm running Windows 10, the reason i'm here.
    My Spec is pictured.
    log uploaded.

Attachments

• TVspec.PNG
      TVspec.PNG
      13.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thank you for the log files. (y)

I think I've seen this same situation - Windows 10 + ATI HDTV Wonder PCI tuner, tuner locking on signal but not finding channels - before... and unfortunately the outcome wasn't good. This is the thread I'm referring to:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/issues-with-ati-hdtv-wonder-on-windows-10.132465/

In that thread we came to the conclusion that the ATI HDTV Wonder is not compatible with Windows 10. Just too old.

Nevertheless, you're welcome to retry the things that were suggested in that other thread. For example:
    1. Set "preferred network provider" as "ATSC".
    2. Set "when card enters idle state..." as "stop card".
    You find both of these settings as described here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

If those settings don't make any difference, please also feel free to try other WMC alternatives such as N-PVR. If you do eventually manage to get your tuner working in Windows 10 somehow, please do share the details with us.

Gregory Bartels

Portal Member
    October 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Yeah, I had the same issue with Windows 10 and the ATI HDTV Tuner card. In looking at the driver versions from Windows 7 to Windows 10, some of the generic driver files were updated in Windows 10, which I think is the root cause of the no channels found. I had tried a few other programs in hopes that they could scan with the ATI card, but no luck. Since then I had bought an Xbox One HDTV Tuner (same as the Hauppauge HVR-955Q) and it's worked great on Windows 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom