Silent CPU Cooler for AMD X2 4850e (1 Viewer)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

I am running an AMD X2 4850e processor in a Silverstone GD01MX case, cooled by the Scythe Kama Cross.
    The problem with this combination is, that there is almost no space between the cooler and the case ceiling. This generates a good amount of noise, which is of course not acceptable in a media center.

Could anyone please recommend me a silent cooler fitting on this cpu in this case?

I have deactivated the case fans because they were too loud, heat is ok with only the Kama Cross. The psu is very quiet. All the noise is coming from the cpu cooler (sadly cool'n'quiet doesn't really work, but that's another problem).

Thanks for your suggestions!

Pedernal74

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2007
    Burgos
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!

In the same brand you can choose the Scythe Ninja Mini. I've seen it running in passive mode with a X64 5050e, but you can use the fan included if you don't want to activate the case fans.

Regards

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I haven't gotten far with passive cooling yet, but I always thought it would make sense to go about it the other way - stop the CPU fan and also any intake fans, and get a quiet 120mm case exhaust fan. If the airflow in your case is good, this will draw air over all of your components and cool them without need for individual fans. The Scythe or something similar should be tall enough to get into airflow of any large exhaust fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom