Silicon skin download (2 Viewers)

KlereBak

Portal Member
June 20, 2004
Samsonite said:
Check if you have any utils that comes with the driver install. I also have a onboard graphic chip and I had to go into advanced settings for the screen and move the screen around then if fitted for me.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reaction, but it's either to large or to small. Normal i set it to the larger output format, this way it has the same width as standard tv view. I lose some information when viewing 4:3 movies but width is almost perfect. When viewing 16:9 movies it fills my screen entirely (widescreen TV) due to auto zoom function on my tv. So only thing i have a problem with is my frontend (and that was always a problem also with other software, except myHTPC which had an setting where you could specify a percentage that may not be used at the outer limits for other graphics than the background image). I think others also may have this kind op problems except those who use ATI or NVidia cards, but because of my personal situation i can't use any of them (yet) and i'm stuck to the VIA CLE266.

Maybe i should post this as a new thread, but since the development is focussing on 1.0 release i don't think it's a good idea.

I know there are other who use the mini ITX boards so i'm also interested how they use and what driver setup they use.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    using the driver to "shrink" the screen will cause loss of quality.
    There will still be sent 576 lines to the screen but instead of using them all you will only use the visible ones.
    one would say "what the loss, you do not see these lines".
    Well, there will be thrown away lines in the visible area to to make it all shrink thus loss of quality is here.

This is why we need to have the skins for TV use free space on the border for the overscan.

A

Anonymous

Made a background that works ok, try it if you like :)

background.png

A

Anonymous

I will not be able to update this skin for a while. It will probably not work that well with never versions of MP. Feel free to do updates to it if you have the time :)

I will take a look at mp when version 1 is out since it will be easier to tag the skin to a specific release. Now it is changing on a weakly basis and that is a GOOD thing... just not for skinners :D

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi Samsonite.
    That is the way the viz show up on my system (800x600).

siliconscreen1.gif

If you need some more information, I will try to get it.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

tomtom21000 said:
    Hi Samsonite.
    That is the way the viz show up on my system (800x600).

siliconscreen1.gif

If you need some more information, I will try to get it.

tomtom21000

There has been some strange things going on there... the thing is, if you restart it, it will probably be gone. I am not sure why this is happening. I will check some more though.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    seems the link is down for Silicon...can some1 put it back up or make a different link please?

A

Anonymous

SiLenTYL said:
    seems the link is down for Silicon...can some1 put it back up or make a different link please?

The skin has been removed since it is no longer maintained.

A

Anonymous

Oh DAMN! This was exactly what I was looking for. So many skins are blue or some other bright colour and I really like this one as it would blend with the frame of my TV set. Is there anyone who could send this to me? I can't find anything like it. Just because it's not maintained shouldn't mean it can't be made available? Such a shame... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom