Silly Question but..... (1 Viewer)

des511

October 10, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
I am using Powerdvd as an external player and set it all up in the advanced section of Moving pictures
which works great.. The thing is that when I click play, moving pictures and Mediaportal disappears
and I can see my desktop for about 5 seconds before Powerdvd screen appears.
I get the same when I close Poweredvd with my desktop showing for 5 secs bofore Moving pictures
reappears.
Just wondering is this is how it is suposed to happen or is there anything I can tweak.

Thanks

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

first of all there is a special plugin which you could use instead of the external player functionality.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-arcsoft-player-49357/index52.html#post759604

Okay, it has no integration in MovingPictures but it gives you some button in the main menu and it keeps the refresh rates etc. when you come back to MediaPortal.

For the delay thing there aren't many possibilities.
The problem is that Windows has to load the program (PowerDVD) on demant and that lasts some seconds.

I made some dirty trick by hiding the icons on my desktop (context / right click menu on your desktop) and disabling the background of my desktop. With this "trick" you don't see that you are on a computer system.

Probably there could be also the possibility to preload PowerDVD so that it is always running in the background but I don't know if it works well.

p.s.: It's no silly question ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom