(silly) request (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    At risk of being the only one in the MP world to have this interest; can we have MP 0.2.2.0 back on the download page?

:eek:

I rolled the living room entertainment center back to 0.2.2.0 (I still had it backed up). The world is ok again there. But I do not have a backup on my office/development machine anymore. I would like to do a fresh install of MP 0.2.2.0 on that one.

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, I'll get the files from sourceforge.

Why?

Well trying to keep it short; I use MP on the family entertainment PC in the living. If that machine doesn't work; no TV, no Radio, no DVDs, no movies, no CDs, no music, ... First requirement is that it simply always works. MS MCE did not, the family complained and wanted the CD player and DVD player back in the living room. That's why I moved to MP. MP 0.2.1.0 was good, 0.2.2.0 was better, after I installed 0.2.3.0 end of last year it was trouble. Back to 0.2.2.0 and all is OK again.

This is very disapointing and it was very hard for me to admit to the family that I should have left it alone ...

Just some of the bigger and smaller anoyances with 0.2.3.0;
    - I spend ages reconstructing the over the years carefully collected DVD cover images after the IMDB function messed them all up taking the liberty to overwrite the folder.jpg images :mad: . Although the IMDB function at least doesn't crash in 0.2.3.0 anymore, it also doesn't do anything usefull. This is the thing I miss from MCE, it had an excelent third party movies plug-in.
    - Recorded TV and Scheduled TV interfaces don't work properly if the TV is 'on'.
    - Folder images for video shares are not shown.
    - The time on the screen stops reguarly.
    - MP configuration crashes about every other time.

:(

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom