Silver Hauppauge 45 button remote (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I changed my irremote.ini file so MP can use the new hauppauge remote more effectively. There are about 9 buttons that aren't being used. Most of these would allow the user to go directly to a module in mp. For example going directly to music or tv guide from any screen. If those functions are added these keys could be used for that purpose. If anyone has a better layout post it here.

Add this to applications section in irremote.ini:

Media Portal=

Add this to the end of the file:

[Media Portal]
;New Silver Hauppauge remote - 45 buttons
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}
GO={home}
NAVLEFT={left}
NAVRIGHT={right}
NAVUP={up}
NAVDOWN={down}
OK={enter}
BACK={esc}
MENU=y
VOLUP={app(0xa0000)}
VOLDOWN={app(0x90000)}
MUTE={app(0x80000)}
CHNLUP={PGUP}
CHNLDOWN={PGDN}
REC=a
STOP=b
PLAY=p
REWIND={f5}
FASTFWD={f6}
SKIPREV={f7}
SKIPFWD={f8}
PAUSE={space}
RED={f1}
GREEN=m
YELLOW={f3}
BLUE=x
TV=
VIDEOS=
MUSIC=
PICTURES=
GUIDE=
RADIO=
CHNLPREV=
TEXT=
SUBCC=

A

Anonymous

could you give an overview of what the buttons do with this setup? kind of hard to tell from the codes in the .ini

M

miller1328

Here's my irremote.ini for the remote that came with the Hauppauge PVR-150.

I've got a couple of custom settings. You'll see the Music, Video, Radio, etc buttons all use ESC to go to the main menu and this is until MP offers a command to directly access My XXXXX. The red and green buttons are for fullscreen and aspect ratio switches, which I've made consistent between MP, Win Media Player, WinTV2000, etc. Finally, the menu, yellow and blue buttons take care of the playlist and info functions.

Post your irremote.ini files if you come up with a good one! Here's mine (or at least the MP part of it).

[Media Portal]
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
;Close program
GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}
;Go to current time in TV guide
GO={home}

;Navigation controls
NAVLEFT={left}
NAVRIGHT={right}
NAVUP={up}
NAVDOWN={down}
OK={enter}
BACK={esc}

;Add/rem item from playlist, show/hide fullscreen OSD
MENU=y

;Sound controls
VOLUP={app(0xa0000)}
VOLDOWN={app(0x90000)}
MUTE={app(0x80000)}
;Next/previous page
CHNLUP={PGUP}
CHNLDOWN={PGDN}

;Mediacontrols
REC=a
STOP=b
PLAY=p
REWIND={f5}
FASTFWD={f6}
SKIPREV={f7}
SKIPFWD={f8}
PAUSE={space}

;Fullscreen toggle
RED=x
;Switch aspect ratio
GREEN=s
;Toggle playlist window, show picture info
YELLOW={f1}
;Load new TV guide, show album/DVD/file info
BLUE={f3}

;Direct access controls (currently only escape to main menu)
TV={esc}
VIDEOS={esc}
MUSIC={esc}
PICTURES={esc}
GUIDE=
RADIO={esc}

;Up one directory level
CHNLPREV=u
TEXT=
SUBCC=

Edit:
In version 0.1.0.3 and up, the remote doesn't use the button mappings listed under the [Media Portal] application (as shown above) while in Fullscreen mode. To fix the problem, place a copy of the button mappings shown above under the application [Fullscreen] in your irremote.ini file. You may even want to make the fullscreen button mappings for "channel up" and "channel down" to {f8} and {f7}, respectively.

M

miller1328

Oh yeah, my version of the file is used for v0.1.0.0. Hopefully it works for v0.1.0.3 also but I haven't tried yet.

A

Anonymous

Miller >> I had a nice working solution with 0.1 and 0.1.0.2

But with 0.1.0.3 it doesn't work anymore.

Please see if it works for you with .3

Regards
Anders

Casper

Portal Member
October 20, 2004
Gothenburg, Sweden
dk_akj said:
Miller >> I had a nice working solution with 0.1 and 0.1.0.2

But with 0.1.0.3 it doesn't work anymore.

Please see if it works for you with .3

Regards
Anders

I also had a working solution with .2 but it has stopped working in fullscreen TV mode with .3. Maybe the window title has changed because that's what the ir.exe uses to find out what to send to which program?

A

Anonymous

I too have experienced issues with my silver hauppauge remote since 0.1.0.3 was released. I had hoped the issue would be resolved in .4 but to my dissapointment it was not.

I begin tinkering with the irremote.ini file and found that I regained all of my functionality by simply placing the "Media Portal" application name in the beginning of the application list as opposed to the end. I have also verified that module specific entries work as well... ex:

[Applications]
Default=
Media Portal - My TV/fullscreen=
Media Portal=
WinTV Remote=

As most of you probably already know, just start MP in non-fullscreen and watch for a name change in the title bar of the form as you switch from module to module. You can then create a customized entry in your .ini file for that particular MP module. (Hope my terminology is correct) I truly hope that my luck is not a fluke, but I can reproduce my problem when I place the MP application entry at the end of the list. I did all of my modifications on on version 0.1.0.4... Later folks :)

P.S. Don't forget to reset your IR software after making your changes!

Night Jade

M

miller1328

I've finally tried our my ini file with v0.1.0.4. Sure enough, the remote didn't work in fullscreen mode. But...

I found that the problem is corrected if you put a copy of your Media Portal button mappings under the [Fullscreen] application heading. I've edited my original post, so see it for details. [Fullscreen] button mappings are probably already present in your ini file because they are defined for WinTV32. I found that I could replace the WinTV32 button mappings with mine for Media Portal. That worked okay because I'm using WinTV2000 and it appears that WinTV2000's fullscreen mode is titled [PVRFullscreen]. Thus, it uses the button mappings found under the [PVRFullscreen] application heading in the ini file.

My guess is that this problem is related to the VMR9/fullscreen/tearing issue and the changes that were made to fullscreen mode. I think that between v0.1.0.2 and v0.1.0.3 the fullscreen mode changed from a "Media Portal" fullscreen mode to a "Windows System" fullscreen mode. Thus, once you switch to fullscreen you go to a generic window named Fullscreen, not Media Portal. That's my guess, at least.

S

SlaitH

Can't someone post their full irremote.ini file ....cause I seem to have a difficult time getting a grip pn how the file actually works.
If it only focuses on the program that in front or what.

And there's so much crap in the file that I just don't feel is nessesary.
I will use Zoomplayer to for Video and DVD viewing but those keys can easliy be changed inside Zoomplayer

Thanks guys you're doing a great job

Patrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom