Silverstone LC20 (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ventry - sounds like you have two different applications/services that are interfacing with the remote. you need to disable one of them.

BMan - you actually don't need to have imon manager running to use the minidisplay with mediaportal. you just have to install imon for the driver, then remove imon manager from the startup. you will encontour problems if you run the VFD and the imon remote control at the same time, it seems the VFD and the remote are not very compatible together. I can sucessfully use VFD + MCE remote at the same time, but always had problems with tryin to use VFD + imon remote (hence why i threw away the imon remote).. Also VFD is a gimmic anyways the screen is too small to read >2m away and 2 small lines of unreadable txt is just not useful at all.

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Ventry - sounds like you have two different applications/services that are interfacing with the remote. you need to disable one of them.

Well you seem to be half-right Kiwijunglist.
    I have no imon manager running but, still get double commands with mini display plugin running.
    However I covered the imon remote receiver with some cardboard and the double commands went away so, it would seem that the mini display plugin is also activating the remote receiver on the imon. I will have to disassemble it later today and cover the receiver internally.
    Thanks.
    Ventry

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Ventry - sounds like you have two different applications/services that are interfacing with the remote. you need to disable one of them.

I have no imon manager running but, still get double commands with mini display plugin running.
    However I covered the imon remote receiver with some cardboard and the double commands went away so, it would seem that the mini display plugin is also activating the remote receiver on the imon. I will have to disassemble it later today and cover the receiver internally.
    Thanks.
    Ventry

would it be easier to remove the hauupague receiver?

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Thanks.
    Ventry

would it be easier to remove the hauupague receiver?

Tried that and not all of the buttons are functional where they are with the Hauppauge receiver.
    Also found out that cardboard is not enough to block RF signal. It needed some foil between two pieces of cardboard.
    seems good now. Still testing.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yea, it's annoying that all the nice HTPC cases have crappy imon inside.

If I was to design the ultimate HTPC case I would have a 16x9 touchscreen LCD that accepts a 1920x1080 input at 24/50/60hz and scales down to the native resolution. It would connect to the graphics card and run in clone mode with the main display. That way it would instantly work with any and all HTPC software without using any drivers or anything. It would also have an MCE style IR receiver.

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well. All is good.
    The VFD now works and the foil between two bits of cardboard wrapped in tape is blocking the signal from the hauppage remote so, no more double commands every key press.

Thanks to Kiwijunglist for the info that led me to solving this problem.

Cheers
    Ventry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom