Similar folders go to same movie (1 Viewer)

jak0lantash

Portal Member
August 18, 2010
Lyon
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I'm having some difficulties with MovingPictures when there are two similar movie folders, they keep going under the same film.
And I didn't find any way to fix it yet.
For example, I have two movies : Big (I just added this one) and Big Fish (I had this one already)
Code:
G:\Movies\Big\Big.mkv
G:\Movies\Big Fish\Big Fish.mkv
In MovingPictures, the two files go under the movie "Big Fish"...

Same with War of the World - 2005 and War of the World - 1953, same with W and any movie starting with a "w"

Anybody have suggestions ? thanks

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You need to put either an .NFO file or .TXT file with the IMDB.com number in it the folder with the movie named the same as the movie and then Movingpictures will match the movie according to that.

Code:
    G:\Movies\Big\Big.mkv
    G:\Movies\Big\Big.nfo

G:\Movies\Big Fish\Big Fish.mkv
    G:\Movies\Big Fish\Big Fish.nfo

jak0lantash

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok thanks. I'll try it this way, but i guess i'll have to remove the two movies from library first.
    I tried to look up the correct syntax of a nfo file i've found the following
    Code:
    <movie>
      <title>Big</title>
      <id>tt12345678</id>
    </movie>
    If you could just confirms it's sufficient for this workarround and/or if you have any suggestions of what to add.
    I'll try to write a batch script to generate those nfo file from the content of the database and i'll fix manually what's wrong.
    Thanks again

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The following works as well:

G:\Movies\Big\Big (tt12345678).mkv
    G:\Movies\Big Fish\Big Fish (tt0319061).mkv

Adding the IMDb tt-ID ensures that the right/correct movie gets imported, and it also bypasses the guess work by the scraper-script to find/search for the movie.

As for NFO format, for the simple NFO system all you really need to put inside the file is the IMDb tt-ID, so a "Big.nfo" file with just "tt12345678" inside of it, would work just as well. The format/syntax you typed out is more the way the XBMC NFO system works, which is a seperate scraper-script system that allows you to import a movie without even needing an internet connection.

jak0lantash

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    Generating a simple nfo file containing the IMDB id worked for all the movies in my database ! ...except one lol
    For W, I had to add the IMDB id in the folder name "W - tt1175491". And after the Movie Importer added it properly, I removed this tag (because I don't use this syntax for the other movies). The fullpath got corrected and the movie is still assigned to the correct IMDB id ;)
    Just in case somebody encounters the same kind of issues in the future...
    Thanks everybody for your help

jak0lantash

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello again,
    I re-open this thread because I have the same problem again.
    It worked for a while to generate a simple NFO file with the IMDB id to separate the movies, but weirdly not anymore.
    Does MovingPictures actually check if there is a NFO file ??? Oo
    If this continues I will eventually put the IMDB id in the name of the folder, but it is not really handy to do it this way.
    Anybody ? Any idea ? Any news about this ?
    Thanks a lot

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello again,
    I re-open this thread because I have the same problem again.
    It worked for a while to generate a simple NFO file with the IMDB id to separate the movies, but weirdly not anymore.
    Does MovingPictures actually check if there is a NFO file ??? Oo
    If this continues I will eventually put the IMDB id in the name of the folder, but it is not really handy to do it this way.
    Anybody ? Any idea ? Any news about this ?
    Thanks a lot

MovingPictures has a special option for that in config -> "Importer Settings" tab -> "Scan movie folder for info files with the following extensions:" -> default = "nfo;txt" -> "Force auto-approval based on info file details"

This enables the 'simple NFO' method. Aside from that there is also support for XBMC NFO files, but that is dealt with via a scraper-script, which you can control via "Movie Details Data Sources" and locate the "XBMC (Local)" scraper-script and place it at primary/first position. Also do this for the artwork settings.

XBMC NFO files contain all the information that MovPic uses, title, year, cast, summary, etc. so it allows for a very fast offline import, which is also useful in a server+client setup of MediaPortal to prevent database corruption by reading the same files by all clients. By generating NFO files on the 'server', each client can then simply be configured as XBMC NFO importers and quickly add the new movie to their database. Using Follw.it or Trakt.tv you can then sync watched status across all the clients, or have an indirect multi-user system by not syncing it on purpose, or using multiple Follw.it/Trakt.tv accounts on seperate systems.

So check to see if that option got disabled. And keep in mind that the NFO/TXT/etc file that is configured has to match the filename of the media file AS-IS, as you only control the extension.

jak0lantash

Portal Member
    August 18, 2010
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi and thanks you for your reply.
    Since I wrote about it, I always use the option "scan movie folder for nfo file with the following extensions" : nfo (and the file nfo with the same as the movie including only the IMDB id) with the sub-option "force auto-approval based on info file details".
    After few tests, I think I localized the source of the problem. It seems the option "always group files in the same folder" override the other one. I don't know really why I activated this one in the past, but I can assure you my problem is gone since I disabled it. Maybe it's a priority issue... And I don't understand either why this option make the script think Big and Big Fish are the same folders...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom