Simplest dumb issue - please help. (1 Viewer)

TBR

September 12, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have installed, setup media etc. The app seems to be working well. However, when I select a file (movie or show etc.) and click, it will not play. Is that the normal behavior? What is going on? Do I need to setup something else?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello TBR.

This isn't normal behaviour, but with no technical detail, impossible to speculate.

See <Welcome to the Newcomers Forum - Please Read BEFORE posting> 1st, and post logs, supported by 'I did X at time Y' narrative as this makes checking logs so much easier, and provide details in System Specs area - makes helping in this and any possible future questions so much more effective.

Cheers - JCMP

TBR

September 12, 2017
    Home Country
    Jim,

Thanks. I needed some verification that the interface worked as I was expecting. Something else must be afoot.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall - see what happens.

Regards
    TBR

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok but reinstall is rarely needed - MePo is very robust on install - the logs would probably have been better 1st pass to give bods here a chance to help out.

If you see this before re-install, set Config logging to DEBUG [it's in General Setting], close config, then run MePo from Watchdog, select "Export all currently present logs" and proceed - the Watchdog tells you where the aip file is [Desktop/MediaPortal-Logs is default] and post them.

Good luck either way.

TTFN - JCMP.

TBR

September 12, 2017
    Home Country
    JCMP,

Just kicked-off the reinstall after uninstall then checked in on this.

OK. I will check the logs after install. I don't think this is the issue, but the hardware MAY be a little under-powered.

TBR

September 12, 2017
    Home Country
    After reinstall - Click on video option window opened with "play video...." or something like that, two other options too. Selected "play" wiating.

This, as mentioned, is LOW power. Core2 duo E8400 @3GHz 4GB. It SHOULD be enough for the task, the interface is snappy, I can play the videos with VLC.

Thought?

TBR

September 12, 2017
    Home Country
    [2017-09-12 16:37:14,083] [280256 ] [Thread47 ] [ERROR] - Unable to create media player for media item '600 Miles (2015)'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.AddEvr()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.AddPresenter()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle, MediaItem mediaItem)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Players.PlayerManager.BuildPlayer_NoLock(MediaItem mediaItem, ICollection`1& exceptions)

TBR

September 12, 2017
    Home Country
    I installed "online video standalone" per a known issue. Now, back to not showing the "play" window. Frustrating, but I do think that it is in the player.

TBR

September 12, 2017
    Home Country
    Yea, I am about to give-up. I really like the interface, but have been OK with just files for.... almost 10 years? Would love this working, but I am unsure its worth the trouble,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom