Since 1.0.1.0 DVB-C bug when switching soundtracks (1 Viewer)

gordontwist

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've got a multi-seat system, with a dedicated server; server has both DVB-T and DVB-C tuners (one of each).

When watching a stream from the DVB-C card, changing audio channel causes the stream to restart play from what appears to be the start of the timeshift buffer for that channel; with no option to skip forward to current position.

I still have an 1.0.0.0 RC4 client on my network, it works fine. Both my 1.0.2.0 clients exibit the same bug, although their hardware specs are quite diverse. tried reloading with 1.0.1.0 - bug seems present in that version aswell. reloading with RC4 gets rid of the problem (I've not got a copy of 1.0.0.0 release)

The problem does NOT happen with streams coming from DVB-T stations.

What's more weird - if I have one client watching (live) a stream of a DVB-C channel, and then start a second (or third) client also watching the "same" stream; if I change audio channel on the that client, only that one resets to the point at which it started playing the stream (again, with no skip forward available) - the first (or any other) client is uneffected by the change.

I've recreated this bug 100% consistently, with "backward timeshifts" of up to an hour (with no ability to skip forward to real time) - The only way to get the client back to real time is to STOP and reconnect to the stream. (or change to another channel).

I'm quite happy to generate any logs that may be useful from any of the machines involved - Please advise.

Edit:
I've also discovered that on some occasions, switching audio tracks very shortly after changing channel from another DVB-C channel can result in a segment of stream from the previous channel being played, before the stream jumps then to the correct channel. Repeated audio track changes don't always seem to create this effect - usually just the effect described above.

This never occurs when changing from a DVB-T tuned channel.

Edit:
Just reverted one of my clients to 1.0.0.0 - now when I switch audio, video stream seems to stay in real-time, however audio vanishes altogether. No amount of audio track switching will bring it back...
Again however, this is only on DVB-C channels - DVB-T is 100% reliable.

Last reliable release seems to be 1.0.0.0 RC4
:D

gordontwist

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
Further update:
The behaviour also applys to recordings made off the DVB-C card.
When playing a recording, trying to switch audio tracks gives the same loop back to start (or some previous random point).
This does NOT happen on recordings made on the DVB-T card, nor does it happen on 1.0.0.0 RC4 of media portal client. (still with 1.0.2.0 on the server/backend)

I've got lots of recordings that have been made over the last couple of years, and they all demonstrate the same problem on 1.0.2.0 or 1.0.1.0 clients.

The DVB-C tuner is currently a TT1501-c, it has been a TT1500-C (makes no difference) - dont think this is relevent anyway, as the recordings play fine in any other player (VLC etc, even in MP1 rc4)

gordontwist

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place - don't seem to be getting any feedback whatsoever??

Anyway, here's a log file from one of the MP 1.0.2.0 clients ( the fault must be in the client, as 1.0.0.0 RC4 works...)

The log is a clean start of MP1.0.2.0, straight to 'recorded tv' and start playback of a program previously recorded off DVB-C.

Several changes to the audio track - each results in the video playback jumping back to the start of the recording - however, the timeclock seems to still indicate the correct point in the stream? (very weird).

Backend server is still also MP1.0.2.0, but as stated earlier, it's serving OK, as RC4 clients work fine.

Anyone any ideas - it's quite frustrating, as I usually need to switch to track 2... (but not always!)

Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom