Since MP 1.13 and latest Windows 10 update, MediaPortal has a strange color (2 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I have a very weird problem.. Today I updated my pc with the latest updates for Windows 10 and MP 1.13 pre release. Since that moment, MediaPortal starts up in a strange color. The splashscreen is normal, and when MediaPortal is loaded everything is normal for just a second, and than there comes a red blur effect on the screen as you can see in the image bellow: I also added an picture to show how it looks normal.

Has anyone any idea? This is really anoying!

Cheers,
    Marcel

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
      Naamloos.jpg
      1.1 MB
    • preview.jpg
      preview.jpg
      162.2 KB

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Looking at pictures not sure this is red tint but may be loss of green tint, the playstation buttons image shows most dramatic change of single colour that I can spot.

Assuming images are PrtScrn shots, so no monitor/TV artefacts - what's in the pics is what the video drivers intended, , it's probable issue with drivers - why however:eek:

Assume your running MePo at native resolution of the display device [be surprised if your not] & MePo is correctly identifying the display [given Win10 and noted issues around video drivers, that would be less of a surprise if it's wrong:(

Do you get same issue running in Windows mode, if you do and it's local only to the MePo window, then it's local to MePo?

Only other suggestion I can make is look at video drivers as assume there is video control software to allow 'tinkering', as assuming it's not specific to MePo [it's triggering change not making it], and there are setting to optimise display - it could be one of these is being tripped and the display driver thinks it's doing you a favour?

Good luck, as I suspect you may need it:censored:

Cheers - JCMP

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    look at video drivers as assume there is video control software to allow 'tinkering'
    i also suggest to check settings of video driver/utility (in your case - nVidia control panel) - try to set all values to default, and check video settings - chroma/hue/whatever else it has (Display - desktop color settings...)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That could be the RGB Output setting of your graphics card. Have a look into your driver settings page.

Try 0-255 PC Levels.

Regards
    Chris

uploadfromtaptalk1447842078193.png

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

It has allready been fixed! I did a full uninstall of the nvidia drivers, and a complete fresh installation, and now the problem has been solved!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom