[solved] Single push of HID remote channel up/down button jumps several channels (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stephane,

thank you very much for taking on my problem. I tried the MP 1.13 build you linked to but unfortunately the problem still persists. The channel up/down button jumps several channels further or back at once. Please see attached logs. I have switched on extended logging in the MP remote configuration, started MediaPortal via Watchdog without extensions, went straight to TV and changed channels starting from channel 1 in my list. I changed five times up and five times down, stopped TV and closed MP immediatly after the test to collect the logs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Blue Max

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the logs I'm seeing some repeats. So it looks like you kept pushing that button.
    Can you try the HID Demo just push that button and give me a screenshot?
    Then clear, enable repeat and do the same.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stephane,

i di not keep pushing the button. As I wrote above I pushed the button channel increment button (each followed by a small break) five times in a row and then channel decrement (each followed by a small break) five times in a row.

Here are the screenshots from the HID Demo test. Again I pressed the channel increment button five times in a row and then the channel decrement buttons five times in a row.

20160207-091301.png 20160207-091351.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Blue Max

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well your HID demo results looks ok, yet your MP logs shows that you are going into repeat mode as if you kept pressing your button.
    Try this MP 1.14 pre-release build and see if it works any better: http://tinyurl.com/z6zfss4
    Start MP using watch dog with default skin and plug-ins.
    Got to TV and hit only once your channel up key close MP and give me your results.

If you are still having issues you could just deactivate repeat on your channel keys by editing the XML file.
    See the technical notes at the bottom of our HID documentation. Just edit the relevant XML file and search for repeat and turn it off for your channel buttons.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stephane,

I have done as you proposed. Started MP 1.14 Pre-Release via WatchDog, switched on Live TV, pressed 'Channel Increment' button once, stopped Live TV and ended MP. The problem still persists. See attached logs.

Cheers

Blue Max

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, did you try disabling repeat for your channel keys?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not yet, just wanted to know if you could see anything weird in my logs before I alter the default state of the key assignments.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom