Skin and Screen Editor (1 Viewer)

hamheed

Portal Member
September 14, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Hello,

I have started working on a skin and screen editor to simplify the process of designing the GUIs for Media Portal and associated plugins. The first version of the app will allow you to preview your screens quite rapidly without having to load the Media Portal. This was accomplished by writing an XSL transform, that transforms the XML based screen files into HTML which can be viewed in a browser or browser control. Thus, once you edit your XML, you can simply click refresh and see your changes... No more loading Media Portal everytime you want to view a change... This is definitely a work in progress, but here's a screenshot for you to see what I am talking about.

skineditor.jpg

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Excellent, I think a lot of people have been waiting for something like this to come along. This has been one of the most frequently requested things.

How much more are you think of adding to it?

When will it be released?

hamheed

Portal Member
September 14, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Lots to do!

Hi Forbes,

I just started working on it, and right now can only transform the label, image, and button tags... I want to get it to the point where it can display all of the different control types.

After this is working, I will add in the editting capabilites, so that you can create screens without touching XML...

Its too early for me to give a release date, but I will keep the group posted on my progress.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D ... great work !!

i would love to have it !!

can you send me the onworkversion to test it ?

Greetings 8) Harley

A

Anonymous

This is one of the most important tools I have seen so far. If you can pull this off many ppl will be less reluctant to start skinning MP. Great work, and important to the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom