Skin design: fading out after element became visible (and still is)? (1 Viewer)

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I'm trying to let an element vanish after it has become visible but can't figure out how.
    I'd like to show the current TV highlights when "TV" is focused in BasicHome, but just for some seconds.
    I tried
    Code:
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="350" delay="5000"  reversible="false">visible</animation>
    but instead of being visible from the moment of visibility change and fadeing out after 5 seconds, my element is hidden until the 5 seconds are over, becomes suddenly visible and fades out instantly.
    Is this an expected behaviour?
    If so is there any other way to achieve what I'm looking for?

Thank you!

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, you are probably using the animation when the element becomes visible, so you only have one effect you can use. Since the element was before hidden the behaviour is completely right in my opinion.
    The element is hidden as before for 5 more seconds after becoming visible and the fades from 100% (which makes it pop up instantly) and then fades in 350 milliseconds (so 0.35s) to 0%.
    You would need some animation that is periodically so that it can fade in and out again.[DOUBLEPOST=1357338520][/DOUBLEPOST]May be pulse or loop might suit your need? Have a look at this
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/7_Skins/Skin_Architecture/Animations

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, you are probably using the animation when the element becomes visible, so you only have one effect you can use.
    Yes, you're right. That was my mistake. After re-reading the animation manual the solution is quite simple: a conditional animation with the condition that my element is visible:
    Code:
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-635,0" time="350" delay="5000" reversible="false" condition="control.isvisible(97989694)">Conditional</animation>
    Thanks for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom