Skin Editor - Source Code Available and Some Updates! (1 Viewer)

hamheed

Portal Member
September 14, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Hello all,

I have had a large number of emails, personal messages, and posts from people looking to play with the latest version of the editor. I just wanted to let everyone, that I've been on vacation for the last week, and will be on vacation until the end of August. Soooo, to make a long story short, I can't send out any binary builds right now, cause I don't have my computer with me... Wanted to bring it, but the wife would kill me...

In any case, the code has now been checked into the source system. The module is called SkinEditor... When you grab the module, it has been setup as a Visual Studio 2003 solution that contains two projects. The first project is the main source code, and the second is an installer. If you are feeling brave, you can grab the source, and do a Rebuild Solution... This should build both the executable and the installer. Run the installer, and you should be good to go!

I hope to work a little more closely with the MediaPortal developers starting in September, and will try to get a binary version of the installer posted up for the next release of MediaPortal.

Thanks for everyones great feedback... I have fixed a large number of bugs, and actually find the tool quite usuable right now :shock:

Talk to everyone soon!

A

Anonymous

thank you for all of your work on this project, and enjoy your vacation!

If anyone else has the chance to build the executables as mentioned, could they please post them somewhere?

A lot of folks (including me) dont have the tools to build them from source, and would love to try out the latest version of this utility.

thanks

dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom