Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings...) (2 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Any progress with importing settings from xml files for EPG genre colouring?

I reiterate my comment above about importing from skinsettings.xml

I guess actually the most flexible solution is to retrieve the colour from skinsettings.xml and then present a dialog showing the colour and unmapped genres and ask the user which genre they want to map to this colour! Simple and easy to follow!!!!

We only have a week to get this merged to 1.3.0alpha, and I think in terms of MP features/stability it is great. Nothing to stop it being included.

Best wishes,

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    This all needs merging ASAP if Catavolt is going to have time to make the necessary changes (and test them) for the default/defaultwide skins.

I think it is ready to merge. We can fix config (import button) later in the release cycle.

Edit: note that fixes should be merged to

https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/1.3.0Alpha_testing

and not (yet) to master!

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I guess actually the most flexible solution is to retrieve the colour from skinsettings.xml and then present a dialog showing the colour and unmapped genres and ask the user which genre they want to map to this colour! Simple and easy to follow!!!!

We only have a week to get this merged to 1.3.0alpha, and I think in terms of MP features/stability it is great. Nothing to stop it being included.

Best wishes,

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Can you please mock up a dialog as you have suggested? I have limited time to implement this for 1.3 and I'd like to see if I can get done right the first time ;-)
    Thanks!

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    This all needs merging ASAP if Catavolt is going to have time to make the necessary changes (and test them) for the default/defaultwide skins.

I think it is ready to merge. We can fix config (import button) later in the release cycle.

and not (yet) to master!
    Ok, so I just PM'd Chris for clarification.. I should merge my branch to this branch you mentioned right?
    Got it on the import button (just been swamped with the day job lately - sorry for the delay)..

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Best wishes,

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Can you please mock up a dialog as you have suggested? I have limited time to implement this for 1.3 and I'd like to see if I can get done right the first time ;-)
    Thanks!

I have no access to my own testing computer until tomorrow evening. I will try to describe what I mean.

The config screen needs a 'Import' button. Perhaps it actually needs two buttons.

1. Import Genres - this then allows you to select a 'MediaPortal.xml' file from the server to import all settings.

2. Import Colors - this will automatically select the skinsettings.xml file from the current skin, and will then present a series of dialogs showing you each colour in turn and giving you a choice of genres to allocate that colour to.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

and not (yet) to master!
    Ok, so I just PM'd Chris for clarification.. I should merge my branch to this branch you mentioned right?
    Got it on the import button (just been swamped with the day job lately - sorry for the delay)..

Yes, when you are ready, merge your branch to the 1.3.0Alpha_testing branch, so we can test it with the various other fixes!

Then you should mark the relevant mantis entries as 'resolved'. I added a note to some to make it clear that they were merged to this branch and not yet to master.

Mark

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Big Day! :)

I have merged this branch into 1.3.0Alpha_testing!! I posted a downloadable build in post 3 (make sure you download the correct build as I have not removed the link to the last build of this branch).

I have also resolved all of the mantis records listed in post 1.

Mark - We'll address the management of genre colors for different skins separately. I wanted to make sure we have adequate testing time on the 1.3.0Alpha_testing branch and I was unsure of how the merge would go (smoothly, I might add - only one conflict :)

Thanks to everyone who has tested on this branch! There were several bugfixes and enhancements made that improved and stabilized this content. I am excited about how the MP community will receive these enhancements, especially how the introduction of skin themes will change how we all think about extending and managing skins.

Thank you everyone!!!!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ajp8164
    I took a look at the community patches section. There are a few that add new features to the skinengine and I was wondering if those patches are still valid, or if you included that functionality with your enhancements.

Any chance you could head over to the community patches section and review the pending threads? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom