Skin engine enhancements (themes, guide colors, skin functions, weather settings...) (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well, the bottom line is that they can be hidden by editing the xml, which isn't too difficult and there are plenty of people who can help.

The trouble is, if we change something that has always been there, many people will demand that we put it straight back.

That's cool. I'd looked into this before and thought it was hardcoded somewhere as I couldn't find an .xml for it, but if there is one that I can edit that's great. Could you tell me which file it is please?

hkjensen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Found a bug when the skin directory is not in %PROGRAMDATA%

Setting Guide settings in section TV-Client look for SkinSettings.xml in %PROGRAMDATA%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\<skinname>

and not directory specified in MediaPortalDirs.xml

Solution:

public static string SkinName
    - set dir according to specified in MediaPortalsDir.xml and not CommonApplicationData

private static bool ReadConfig(string configDir)
    - set Selectedskindir according to skindirectory and skinname

Code:
    diff --git a/mediaportal/Utils/Configuration/Config.cs b/mediaportal/Utils/Configuration/Config.cs
    index 131af8d..464cc5d 100644
    --- a/mediaportal/Utils/Configuration/Config.cs
    +++ b/mediaportal/Utils/Configuration/Config.cs
    @@ -215,11 +215,9 @@ namespace MediaPortal.Configuration
            if (value != skinName)
            {
              skinName = value;
    -          string commonAppData =
    -            Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData)
    -            + @"\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\";
    -          Set(Dir.SelectedSkin, Path.Combine(commonAppData, @"skin\" + skinName + @"\"));
    +          Set(Dir.SelectedSkin, Path.Combine(Get(Dir.Skin), skinName + @"\"));
              Set(Dir.Weather, Path.Combine(Get(Dir.SelectedSkin), @"Media\Weather\"));
    +
            }
          }
        }
    @@ -325,6 +323,7 @@ namespace MediaPortal.Configuration
                  }
                }
              }
    +          Set(Dir.SelectedSkin, Path.Combine(Get(Dir.Skin), skinName + @"\"));
              return true;
            }
            catch (Exception)

BUG: http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3954

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, the bottom line is that they can be hidden by editing the xml, which isn't too difficult and there are plenty of people who can help.

The trouble is, if we change something that has always been there, many people will demand that we put it straight back.

Hi,

You haven't replied to tell me which xml should be edited to change the shutdown menu options. Could you please tell me?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to have an extra genre(color) for TVShows? At the moment they are the same colour as Movies..
    Thanks!

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Hi,
    I have problem with accepting properties and skin expressions into xpos and ypos attributes of controls, is this a known issue?
    and how works RingLayout in Group control?
    Thanks in advance losttown

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,
    I have problem with accepting properties and skin expressions into xpos and ypos attributes of controls, is this a known issue?
    It is not possible to use skin variables for x,y positions. Due to the way skin x,y positions are handled it is. It likely to be supported anytime soon. Sorry.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,
    It is not possible to use skin variables for x,y positions. Due to the way skin x,y positions are handled it is. It likely to be supported anytime soon. Sorry.

Heyyy, Andy is back !!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom