Skin idea. Comments please. (1 Viewer)

tacroy

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
Im thinking of making a few skins, probally a grunge one and a clean one to start off. As soon as I figure this stuff out. This is my first idea and I wanted your comments on it. Granted I could make it just for myself, but that wouldnt help the community eh?
undilutedClean.jpg

Any crit good, bad, or whatever is appreciated. Ive been learning its a big undertaking and I want to be sure that I would be adding to the community with my time instead of just stroking my ego.

thanks.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The skin is not really my style, too bright for me.

But I just wanted to give a tip. Make sure you keep enough space at the border for the overscan of the TV. If you view this on TV you probably loose the top part of the MP logo and the 3 topbuttons.

Slyder0244

Portal Member
    February 22, 2005
    i'm not a big fan of the brighter skins either but it has a very nice clean look to it which i like and i know how big of an undertaking it can be to try to learn how to do this skinning i keep meaning to get back into it but when i think of all there is to do plus the changes which have been made to the skinning engine i just get overwhelmed and then decide to procrastinate some more cause that's what i'm really good at lol

tacroy

Portal Member
    March 3, 2005
    probally not, half the replies were negative. So ill probally work on a new design and see if anyone likes it. I want to be sure that if i spend all this time im actaully getting something that people want and this clearly wasnt it.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tacroy said:
    probally not, half the replies were negative.

Nonono, please continue your work. This is a very unique skin compared to those we have right now and would really be a great addition to the variety of skins. See Blue2 and MCE are quite similar, both great, but they are both... well blue ;-) Harley's skin is more a dark one and Metal is also having it's own style.

I can say I like bright skins more than the dark ones and did appreciate you to continue working on the skin!

Maschine

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When i read the posts i get this:
    5 pros
    1 con

you should definitly keep on finishing it.
    We need more different skins, like Maschine said.
    Just keep us updated about your progress and so we can be with you.
    Don't pay too much attention to the critics. Just take them as an input
    for creating this skin.

There are many users who do not even know that you are working on a skin right now, cause they aren't every day in this forum.
    But once it will be finished there will be enough people who would like to use
    it.

So keep on skinning and let us be part of your working.

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom