Skinnable virtual keyboard and maybe predictive input (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Smirnoff said:
It also needs further graphics that either myself or Samsonite (about time he did some work around here ;)) will provide.

You did an excellent work so far but rest asure that I will put in some late nights to get this rocking ;)

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Looks good, but got one question. Would it be possible to add some kind of description of what you are supposed to type?

So if the keyboard opens for a pincode that there would be a text saying "Enter PIN code" sometimes the keyboard pops up and I got no clue on what I should be doing with it.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Good suggestion.

Has anybody encountered any problems yet?

This morning I found a site with word lists in English, French, German and Dutch. Each list consists of the top 10000 words for each language, ranked in order of frequency. I'm using the English one at the moment and its proving to be really good. The keyboard is now able to learn as I type so that the words I use most often are suggested first.

I'm waiting on a response from the site owners (Leipzig University) as to how far we can go with their lists in terms of integrating them into MP. I believe (and hope) that their usage guidelines will allow us to.

mPod: Would you be up for the job of trying out the German word list when I'm ready to beta the predictive stuff?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Great, I'll PM you both as soon as I have something worth trying. I'm in the middle of rewriting the predictive stuff, first and second attempt worked great but both were too complicated to maintain and enhance.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Hi -

Just thought I'd let you all know that things are progressing. MP is very close to having a full blown edit control that offers the same features as a standard windows edit control. It's taking a lot of time to get it right and to make sure that the code is easy to maintain but I'm confident that the results will be worth the effort.

Watch this space...

Cheers,
    Smirnoff.

gds

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Italy
    as about the dictionary stuff... OpenOffice uses dictionaries which, given its open source nature, should all be open source. Since there are already really many available languages, couldn't it be a nice starting point?

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    gds said:
    as about the dictionary stuff... OpenOffice uses dictionaries which, given its open source nature, should all be open source. Since there are already really many available languages, couldn't it be a nice starting point?

Yeah, or why not use the dictionaries used by aspell (http://aspell.sourceforge.net). I would guess they are the same as the ones used by open office. Aspell is released under gnu license and at their homepage they have at least fifty (didn't count them) language files available for download.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom