Skinning guide - discussion and download (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This is excellent!
    Regarding the play/pause/rew/ff when media is playing: Are these really necessary? I read that MP2 is suppose to be more mouse friendly, but I guess 90 % ++ (probably got numbers for it in a survey...?) will only use a remote. I really think this is a waste of place and only creates flooded GUI for remote-users. (I also know remote isn't plug-n-play for MP2, so... :D).

Anyway - have a nice xmas!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mouse controls will be visible for 5 seconds after you moved mouse last time. If you never move it, you'll never see the controls.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Another reason to focus on MP2 :).
    Looking forward to Winter-release - with Titan ...? Give me Spotify support (@seco! :D), subs and pref. a way to lunch programs (webbrowser for Netflix, HBO etc) and MP2 is pretty much much feature complete for me- and with Titan (w/video background?) it is even going to look smashing!

OK - rambling - just excited :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sometimes it might not be wanted to use flexible sizes, but this can simply be solved by putting in a fixed "Width=xxx". I do prefer the flexible way for now.

@morpheus_xx - Does MP2 support having a scable width with a max width setting? ... if not I think this would be a good idea. As you might have dynamic content with a scalable width, but you want to prevent the box from getting too large.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Before the change I had the LeftPanel "on screen", but moved it outside via RenderTransformation (it is done after the Layouting happened). When the focus should be switched, the focus prediction calculated that the button is in original place (without RenderTransform). So moving "left" could not reach the menu button.

Now I move the panel outside the screen while layouting (margin left -550) and slide it in on opening. Simple. If the old behaviour is a bug should @Albertdecide:)
    Hi morpheus_xx,

Titanium is my new favorite MP2-skin, since the menu button is fixed and I can use it in completely by my remote.

As always I found some potential navigation improvements:
    • Would it be possible to slide in the menu OnHover/OnFocus instead of OnClick of the "Menu"-Button?
    • The menu would be visible as long as it is focused. If focus gets lost it kind of an autohide be nice.
    • If the menu is visible the menu button could be disabled, in case the auto hide is possible
    You also missed to post screenshots of the new fancy (un)watched-indicator. :p

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom