Skinning guide - discussion and download (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i would have expected the lastest menu item to be removed but instead the entire menu is gone?
    This probably means that the xml file is corrupted by your changes and is not read at all. So all Media actions are missing.

This you can check yourself in MP2-Client.log, it shows such loading errors: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Log\Client.log

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    call me a teapot. had a bad comment.
    so news, weather, party music player, utilities, online videos - i cannot remove or hide at this point in time - maybe a gui toggle?
    what file can i use to change the order the menu builds up if possible?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so news, weather, party music player, utilities, online videos - i cannot remove or hide at this point in time - maybe a gui toggle?
    You have two choices:
    1. Remove the plugins from MP2-Client\Plugin folder. This will probably break some skins: i.e. Titanium shows weather info in home screen, if you remove Weather plugin, this dependency cannot be resolved anymore
    2. Use the "DisabledComponents" of plugin manager settings to disable selected plugins (by their plugin Guid). But this will lead to same effect as 1)
    I'd suggest you try 1st way and remove all plugins you might not want and see how far you get without breaking all skins (except "Default" base skin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom