Skinproblem with updater 0.2.0.2 (1 Viewer)

olbo

Portal Member
January 9, 2006
All skins except Blue Two don´t work. All other skins don´t load properly and show up "transparent"
My favorite MCE 1280x720 dont work :-(
It Works with clean MP 0.2.00 but not with updater not....
Has anyone MCE 1280x720 working ?

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    olbo said:
    All skins except Blue Two don´t work. All other skins don´t load properly and show up "transparent"
    My favorite MCE 1280x720 dont work :-(
    It Works with clean MP 0.2.00 but not with updater not....
    Has anyone MCE 1280x720 working ?

go to your skin folder and delete all the packedgfx??.bxml and packedgfx???.png's

then try to start MP again with the skin of your chice. if that works neither try to delete also your font directory in the skins folder. it will all be recreated when starting up.

if that is all not working please post your mediaportal.log

olbo

Portal Member
    January 9, 2006
    I tryed to cut out those files that you mention including the font folder but it didn´t help.
    After that the standard skin Blue Two also became transparent. After putting the files back Blue Two started up as usual...

Here is the MP.log when I tryed the MCE skin:

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/10250

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    hmmm... Check to see if you have the weather overlay plugin installed. When i installed nonafo to take a look at it, then went back to mce1280x720, mp would start, but all i would see is a blank desktop after the splash box. Don't know if that's what you are trying to describe, just throwing it out there.

I'll double check everything when i get home tonight, i haven't used MP much since i installed the patch. I may upload a new version of the mce1280x720 skin if i find its a skin problem.

olbo

Portal Member
    January 9, 2006
    Boilermaker said:
    hmmm... Check to see if you have the weather overlay plugin installed. When i installed nonafo to take a look at it, then went back to mce1280x720, mp would start, but all i would see is a blank desktop after the splash box. Don't know if that's what you are trying to describe, just throwing it out there.

I'll double check everything when i get home tonight, i haven't used MP much since i installed the patch. I may upload a new version of the mce1280x720 skin if i find its a skin problem.

Yes, that is what happends, blank (transparent) desktop after the splash box. There is no text in the splashbox that says "initializing skin" as it is when I use Blue Two
    I don´t know if I understand what you mean with "weather overlay plug in installed" ?

I have Weather plug in installed and enabled if that is what you mean ?
    No diffence if I disable weather plugin...

Edit: I did a new clean install of MP 0.2 + upgrade and started direct with MCE 1280x720 and now it works ? Last time I started with Blue Two and after that have started up I changed to MCE. Strange ? Now all skins work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom