[no Bug] Skip forward\back not working with recordings and comskip file (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, then it is definitely not problem introduced with the Comskip markers.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is F7/F8 working?

Not in alpha, you can hear the GUI sound acknowledgement, but no reaction for both mce remote or keyboard F7\F8

Here's the comskiip file, you can put it against any 1 hour recording for testing purposes, just rename same as recording.

Looked through mantis to see if there was anything that jumped out at me which could have changed the behaviour, sadly nothing I could spot.

Attachments

• Grey's Anatomy (Here's to Future Days - 2324)_Channel 5_2012-06-17_10-30.txt
      129 bytes

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I attached my MediaPortal log, which shows Chapter Jumps (with keyboard) without problems on a recording played in MyVideos.

I'll see what happens when i use your ComSkip file.

** EDIT **
    @Paranoid Delusion i just renamed 1 of my recordings to match your file, and chapters are working like a charm :confused: (see Grey's Anatomy Chapters.txt)

Last edited:

coolio

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    I can confirm that I have had this issue for a long time. My issue was always with the TV Client. Whenever I installed a new ver my first move was to go to \mediaportal configuration\Keys and sounds\fullscreen tvs\
    Change "Next TV channel" and "Previous TV Channel" to have the actions "ACTION_NEXT_CHAPTER" and "ACTION_PREVIOUS_CHAPTER" respectively.

This has always solve my problem until this release. It now does nothing. I remember way back around version 1ish (maybe just before?) that in tvclient in the live tv mode these buttons would change the channel but on playback of recording they would default to comskip functions. I should further note that during playback of recordings without my modification that these buttons would do nothing with my installation. I never use these buttons for changing the channel hence my alterations suited my purpose.

Hope this helps narrows thing down and I am not repeating something said already.

Regards.

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have had no issues with comskip working correctly in previous versions, in 1.3.0A comskip stopped working. I tried changing around the channel mappings for my remote as well as the keyboard mapping with no change. I just loaded MediaInfo.dll 0.7.59, and the Comskip timeline files and now it is working fine. So I believe the latest mediainfo.dll fixed the issue for me since mattjcurry said the timeline modifications didn't affect the chapter handling.

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Just so you guys know, there was a bug introduced in 1.3.0 alpha where it would not process the comskip chapters files. I wrote a fix as a part of my comskip timeline feature, but I believe that it still might be out there as a separate branch.

When you hit f9, do you see an option for chapters? If the chapters are not there then ff and rw will not work properly. This should be fixed in the current master branch.

Matt

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm for me its working correctly with 1.3.0 RC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom