Skip steps -> Paused/frozen video (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey guys,

just wanted to check if this is a common issue and anyone else is facing it too:

Quite often when is use skip steps in .ts or .avi files, I get a paused video (without OSD) after the file was skipped forward. After pressing play/pause again, all works as expected.

This is with different codecs and at least since MP 1.4 (cannot remember when it started exactly).

Will post full logs if this isnt a single issue. Or maybe someone has a solution for this?!?

Anyone?

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

yes i can confirm this behaviour but it occurs not very often. I have some problems with my graphic card/ graphic drivers/ hardware acceleration which i couldnt solve yet so i thought its might be related to that.
    I can also provide log files if any dev needs more than one log package.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey there, got a set of logs. There is a huge amount of errors in it which I can't decrypt. Maybe anyone can help? What I did is export all current logs via Watchdog after the freeze occured.

EDIT: Those logs weren't clear...have an update now!

Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Good news: I was able to focus it down to MPAudioRenderer and have a full debug-log catched.

So, without MPAudioRenderer no problem with freezing after skipsteps. But if its enabled, its freezing. Anyone an idea how to solve this? Because with the standard audio renderer I have a audio/video delay...

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good news: I was able to focus it down to MPAudioRenderer and have a full debug-log catched.

So, without MPAudioRenderer no problem with freezing after skipsteps. But if its enabled, its freezing. Anyone an idea how to solve this? Because with the standard audio renderer I have a audio/video delay...
    Thanks for the info...i will disable the MP audio renderer and see if that solves the problem for me too.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Unfortunately I fear that we may have a problem since the dev of MPAR left the team quite a time ago. I don't know, if others devs are taking care of this stuff since - as far as I remember - the involved magic was quite complicated. @Sebastiii, @Owlsroost, do you know if someone has expertise on MPAR stuff?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Scots are the best! (<- do you think this helps in getting him interested?) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom