erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I just got my SKY Go account set-up and am quite impressed with what is on offer:

- Live streaming of channels with online EPG

- ANYTIME + Watch the best of the weeks TV

- Sky Store - Movies on Demand

It would be fantastic if someone could create an online videos plugin for this. If it would be possible to show the now and next for the live TV channels then that would be great.

I would be happy to help with any testing of this plugin if needed.

Thanks

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Been looking at alternatives until someone develops a plugin.

Tried "Browse the Web" and "WebBrowser" plugin, but same issue with both = Silverlight.

Using Browse the web plugin, I am able to get as far as Channels > Login > View Calandar with live feed at top right of screen.

However mouse don't work so browsing around is a nightmare, and the full screen option ( when you find it ) on the live feed knocks picture full screen then reverts back out of it.

My Next thought is to execute I.E or other browser as an external program to media portal (like MyEmulators 2) does for pc games, but i dont know how to do this.

I am already workign on auto login script for Skygo so i dont have to login on machines that only have remote.

Any help appreciated, but then again, a proper plugin prefered

Regards, mccay_a

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use the multi shortcut plugin to launch chrome in kiosk mode and that works well. The only downside is that unlike other external programs e.g. Netflix, sky go doesn't seem to remember your login details.

Look for my post on multi shortcut + Netflix on how to get this multi shortcut to work.

Edit: here is the link https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/multishortcut-netflix.109764/

The interface of Sky Go is not very good and navigating the EPG is painful. For this reason I hardly use it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom