Skype plugin (3 Viewers)

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Just a quicky...

Yes it's only Win7! No way to get it to work on XP (SP3), didn't try on Vista.

I haven't had much time lately, businesstrips all over...
Anyway, I'm on my last businesstrip for this season, back on the 14th of june, after that I can continue devellopment.
I hope to have a first test release around the 20th of june.

Ben_j

Portal Member
May 31, 2010
Home Country
France France
I guess this has been asked before on this topic, but I don't feel like reading 30 pages :/ Skype4MP is not working with the Blue3Wide skin. It says that the file mySkype.xml is not fine or something. Is there a fix ?

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Just a quicky...

Yes it's only Win7! No way to get it to work on XP (SP3), didn't try on Vista.

I haven't had much time lately, businesstrips all over...
Anyway, I'm on my last businesstrip for this season, back on the 14th of june, after that I can continue devellopment.
I hope to have a first test release around the 20th of june.

Many thanks for your work fripsy, looking forward to try it as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Aitor

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I guess this has been asked before on this topic, but I don't feel like reading 30 pages :/ Skype4MP is not working with the Blue3Wide skin. It says that the file mySkype.xml is not fine or something. Is there a fix ?

Ben_j,

Just copy the xml file from the Blue 2 folder and paste it into the Blue3Wide folder

Ben_j

Portal Member
    May 31, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    That's what I did (I took the xml that was linked a few pages ago in this topic) and it's all messed up, everything is above everything.

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah yes Ben_j,

All you have to do is to open up the xml in notepad, and change the line that reads <texture width="720" height="576">background.png</texture>
    Just change it to whatever resolution you are running. That should make the xml fit your screen properly.
    Also, just mess about with some of the PosX and PosY numbers to move individual icons/labels around.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Skype plugin

I don't know if this will be of interest, but Skype have just announced an SDK for their service.

SkypeKit beta SDK adds Skype to any application or device -- Engadget

Hmmm, was exited about the news first - but it's currently only linux SDK - and for me it's unclear what it means it has to be certified by skype. We'll see - hopefully they will supply a usable WinSDK, so we can have a fully integration solution in MePo in the future ....

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Me too... was exited at first... but then...
    Well, I guess we have to wait till the WinSDK comes out, but as I understand, all applications must be aproved by Skype before they will be able to connect...

For the Skype4MP plugin, I'm just struggling with displaying video when MP is full screen... I hope to find a solution very very soon...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Skype plugin

hmmmm ...

from Skype developer zone:

What are the fees for using SkypeKit?

To get started, we will charge a nominal membership fee — less than $20 US — for access to the program and SkypeKit. Once a third-party product is ready for commercialization, there is an add-on fee for user experience and audio/video testing and certification, which we require to make sure products are ready and qualified for our plugged into Skype descriptor that is awarded to approved products.

See: Skype - Skype Developer Zone blog

I was looking for a contact to ask about usage in opensource, didn't really find something ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom