Skype plugin (1 Viewer)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
I am really looking forward to this. It would be great to video chat within mediaportal. Its one of those thing I didn't even think about before but now that the seed is planted I can't wait! Keep us posted and good luck fixing that bug.

DjPower

April 22, 2010
I am very interested !!! Love Team Media Portal, actually the best soft for Media Centers, Got all on my tv exept skype and good web browser ;) Keep us posted !

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Hi guys,

I thought I give you an update on how far I am with receiving video in Skype4MP...

Well, the video part is working, and it will probably work on XP, Vista and Win7. I can only test it on Win7 though.
No need for a special (dual head) video card, should work with any video card, further testing will prove if it is...

Things to be done before a first test release:
- adapting the skin (Blue3Wide only for now)
- sending commands to Skype to make sure video is displayed within the Skype main window
- cleanup of the code to stabilize the plugin
- adjustment of the install directories on Win7 so logo's and avatars are displayed correctly (not required for testing)

I didn't have much time to work on it the last weeks, as I'm leaving for yet another businesstrip on Saturday, things will not speed up the next week.
Please be patient my friends.

Greetz.

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Skype Test program

Hi guys,

Here a very small test program to test if you will be able to get Skype video on your system.

It works excellent on my Win7 development pc, but sadly it doesn't on my WinXP office pc.

Please test this and give me some feedback.

Howto:
- Run Skype, make a video call
- Start this program
- Click start capture

Greetz.
Fripsy

Attachments

• SkypeTest.zip
    30.6 KB

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skype plugin

just a short feedback:
    works on my win7 atom/ion based htpc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom