Skype plugin (4 Viewers)

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You're right - one of the things I mighthave to do is temporarily remove the "Always on top" from MP, then restore it later.

Pausing Audio/Video is on The List...

SweetHome

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Hi

installed the skype4MP and works really great . Chat function is phenomenal. :D :D :D

// edit: MPI-installer wouldn't start - even if MP closed. , normal installer worked :)

SweetHome

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
that's it - I'm sorry - when doubleklicking - nothing happens (only mpi-installer!, other works)

I have 2.3.0 + svn + tvserver3 on Xp Sp2

// I will check the logs when I come home today.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Andrew! Great work with this plug-in. It works a treat! Couple of feature requests ;-)

1.) An option in the config to put skype in to silent mode. (A property that can be set on SKYPE4COMLib.Skype) This will mean that skype won't get focus or popup or anything, it will just stay silent in the background. The ideal option would be to have it go into silent mode when MP starts and then taken out of silent mode when MP closes. That way skype will function normally when MP is not running. SilentMode is another one of those things that skype throws a warning about, it allows you to say "Don't ask me again" though.
    BTW Silent mode doesn't mean skype won't ring, It will. only the skype interface is "silent" :)

2.) An option in the config to disable the "Answer Incoming Call" prompt/dialog that pops up in MP. (For those of us with USB hardware phones that automaticly answer the call when picked up.

If you don't have time for these features I could probably try to do patches that you could bundle into the installer.(I'm no C# master though!)

cheers,
    mcraenz

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1.) An option in the config to put skype in to silent mode.

I looked at this a while ago - back then, Silent Mode always asked, and you couldn't suppress the message, and also you seemed to miss some notifications. I was thinking it's time for another look - I'll do some testing, but it won't be hard to implement...

2.) An option in the config to disable the "Answer Incoming Call" prompt/dialog

Isn't this covered by the "Handle incoming calls" option in config? or do you want MP to track the call etc, just not answer incoming ones?

Andrew

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Isn't this covered by the "Handle incoming calls" option in config? or do you want MP to track the call etc, just not answer incoming ones?

Yeah problem is then I can't make out going calls from MediaPortal (Unless I'm missing something). I have a phone that can answer calls by picking up the receiver but there is no way to initiate outgoing calls

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/nortel-catalina-1106.jpg

Actually it's not designed to work with Skype but I sat down with C# and wrote a handler that picks out the USB HID events and then automates the answering and hanging up of Skype. Just thought I'd mention in case this would be useful to anyone else with non-skype supported HID based phones. :)

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Version 0.1.1.3 is released...

Superceded by 0.1.1.4 - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=222619&postcount=200

Requires MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (final), and later versions of Skype (3.2+ should be fine, but tested with 3.6.0.216), with the Extras Manager installed.

V0.1.1.3:

1. Added options to pause media while asking for confirmation of voice call or chat message responses.

2. Added Silent Mode option. Silent Mode (SM) suppresses all the notifications from Skype until you exit SM manually by doubleclicking on the System Tray icon, or (in our case) pressing the new Silent Mode button on the Skype plugin GUI. The button allows you to set/clear SM whenever you feel like it.

The Config SM option is always used when MP starts - the first time you enter SM, Skype will ask you to confirm that it's ok - I suggest you set the option to allow it permanently.

Note: Silent Mode should also prevent the annoying loss-of-focus issues that have been reported when calls arrive...

3. Added "Ignore incoming calls" option - if set, you can still do everything else, it just won't ask if you want to answer the call (calls shoudl still be tracked properly). Note: If this option is set you cannot answer a call from the plugin, although you can hold/stop/start video once the call has been started externally...

As always, report bugs etc here please. It always helps to please include your MediaPortal.log.

[Edit] Fixed the problem with BlueTwo not working properly (B2wide was fine...) - new version uploaded

Notes:

A start has been made on the Wiki documentation - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Extensions-Plugins/Skype4MP

1. You need to install the Extras Manager when installing Skype - this will install the Skype4COM wrapper required. Alternatively, you can download Skype4COM from the Skype website at https://developer.skype.com/Docs/Skype4COM

2. Vista: On Vista, MediaPortal and Skype have to run at the same Integrity Level. Since MP runs as Administrator, this means that the best way to start Skype is to let MP do it (either automatically at start up, or on demand from the plugin).

3. Vista: If you have a Skype phone (e.g. Philips VOIP321), you have to make sure that its drivers are also running as administrator (since MP has to anyway). Otherwise, the phone will not be able to connect to Skype.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi TesterBoy

This is what I did to install on XP..

1) Installed the latest Skype (version 3.6) , and made sure that the extras-manager option was selected.
    2) Installed the Skype4MP.MPI plugin
    3) Enabled the plugin in MediaPortal

Now for my problem....

1) When I go to Skype in MediaPortal my status is displayed as 'Offline', even though 'Skype' itself shows that I'm Online.
    2) The only options in the MP-plugin available to me are 'Start Skype' and ‘Chats’; the others are greyed out and cannot be selected.
    3) The contact shown on the right only display my normal skype contacts, but not my SkypeOut contacts.
    4) If I call one of my contacts skype makes the call and I can hear it ringing, but I cannot stop the call. I have to close/minimise MediaPortal and terminate the call in skype.

Nothing seams to work, what am I missing :confused: :confused:

I also downloaded "Skype4COM", but what do I do with the files? Do I put it into the MediaPortal, Windows or Skype folders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom