Skype plugin (2 Viewers)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just a minor quibble... but is there any support for the Xface skin? Planned?

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sorry , but no and no. There's a lot of work in a skin, so I have to restrict myself to Blue Two/Wide, otherwise it could end up taking longer to update all the skins than it does to change the plugin...

Of course, if you were build it and make it available here, I'm sure people would appreciate it :)

Andrew

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The log shows "SP->API status: apiAttachRefused (False)" - humour me, and go to Skype's Tools/Options/Advanced.Manage other program's access to Skype, and check that you allowed access. AttachRefused is only supposed to occur if the attach is denied, not if the client program can't find Skype at all.

Hope we can find the answer :)

Sorry I didn't see this post before you PM'd me.
    :oops: :oops::oops::oops:
    Sure enough, MediaPortal is listed as an app that's not allowed to use Skype! Sorry to waste your time Andrew! What a noob ay!

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry , but no and no. There's a lot of work in a skin, so I have to restrict myself to Blue Two/Wide, otherwise it could end up taking longer to update all the skins than it does to change the plugin...

Of course, if you were build it and make it available here, I'm sure people would appreciate it :)

Andrew

I'd be happy to if I had the technical skills to do so. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial for skinning plugins?

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    I is possbile to have this plugin automatically close windows?
    2 that annoy me are 1 : while in a call, the main skype window comes up. i wish for skype to stay in the system tray all the time unless i click on it and open it.
    and 2. after a call, the quality feedback window. i hate this thing. i run skype on my dvr and would like this window to auto-close if it pops up.
    can this plug in do that?

thanks!

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2 that annoy me are 1 : while in a call, the main skype window comes up. i wish for skype to stay in the system tray all the time unless i click on it and open it.

Have you tried setting Silent Mode (from the plugin, preferably) - this shouldn't happen while silenced?

and 2. after a call, the quality feedback window. i hate this thing. i run skype on my dvr and would like this window to auto-close if it pops up.

thanks!

Not sure about this one - it should be covered by Silent Mode as well, though. If you really don't ever want it (not just while you're in MP) there's presumably a way to disable from the Skype client (I don't get the pop up, for some reason...)

If this doesn't work, I did find a link (from the Skype forum) to a little (Free!) program at Nelson Software Solutions which purports to kill the window when it pops up... I have to admit I'm surprised that Skype put something that annoying in without a way to disable it...

This could be a possible plugin enhancement, though - anybody else getting annoyed by this?

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007

Have you tried setting Silent Mode (from the plugin, preferably) - this shouldn't happen while silenced?

thanks!

Not sure about this one - it should be covered by Silent Mode as well, though. If you really don't ever want it (not just while you're in MP) there's presumably a way to disable from the Skype client (I don't get the pop up, for some reason...)

If this doesn't work, I did find a link (from the Skype forum) to a little (Free!) program at Nelson Software Solutions which purports to kill the window when it pops up... I have to admit I'm surprised that Skype put something that annoying in without a way to disable it...

This could be a possible plugin enhancement, though - anybody else getting annoyed by this?

Thanks for the reply testerboy - I am running it in silent mode, via the MP plugin.
    everything is "silent" except when making an outgoing call. incoming is silent and dialing is silent, but once it connects it pops up.. i dont know why.

Thanks for taking the time to look for information on this.
    If using another program is the only option, then i guess that's what i'll do. however, i would prefer not to have to run another program..
    so if you can make it close those windows that would be great..

thanks!

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am running it in silent mode, via the MP plugin.
    everything is "silent" except when making an outgoing call. incoming is silent and dialing is silent, but once it connects it pops up.. i dont know why.

Is this the main Skype window, or the QFB one? If the former, it's got me beat, unless your callee is sending video, in which case it's the plugin doing it. The only way to see received video (until Skype do some work for me :) ) is using the Skype client, so the plugin automatically opens the client until the video is turned off again. However, it currently (V0.1.1.4) doesn't restore Silent Mode when the call ends - I'm in the process of updating it so that Silent Mode will be reinstated a bit more reliably when the call finishes...

If using another program is the only option, then i guess that's what i'll do. however, i would prefer not to have to run another program..

thanks!

I've logged an "Improvement" case with Skype about the QFB window (to make it optional), but I wouldn't hold my breath (they'll probably close it as "Working to Design" anyway :) ).

I'm having trouble getting the QFB window to appear - it's come up once in about a day of testing - do you know how to make it appear a bit more reliably?

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    I am running it in silent mode, via the MP plugin.

Is this the main Skype window, or the QFB one? If the former, it's got me beat, unless your callee is sending video, in which case it's the plugin doing it. The only way to see received video (until Skype do some work for me :) ) is using the Skype client, so the plugin automatically opens the client until the video is turned off again. However, it currently (V0.1.1.4) doesn't restore Silent Mode when the call ends - I'm in the process of updating it so that Silent Mode will be reinstated a bit more reliably when the call finishes...

thanks!

I've logged an "Improvement" case with Skype about the QFB window (to make it optional), but I wouldn't hold my breath (they'll probably close it as "Working to Design" anyway :) ).

I'm having trouble getting the QFB window to appear - it's come up once in about a day of testing - do you know how to make it appear a bit more reliably?

I use skype as a phone. that is, my cordless is hooked to an RJ-45 to USB adapter. I have a phone number with skype and use my phone just like a normal phone.
    whenever i call someone, 90% of the time after the call, that QFB screen pops up over media portal.

The PC it's hooked to is my DVR. so i have to remote into it and kill that stupid box.. it's annoying as hell.

To be honest, i'm only using the plugin for the "silent mode" feature. i'm already running media portal anyways..
    so when i saw that i could have media portal run as "silent" and then display calls on media portal. i thought.. this is great.. just what i'm looking for.

and it has helped.. but when i make a connection, the main screen pops up (goes away when i hang up the phone) and then i get that QFB screen..

if i can get those 2 issues resolved, it would be the perfect solution..

Thanks again for taking your time to look at this!!

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Lower Hutt
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    blitzkrg - the attachment is an attempt to fix the main window problem. This is a brute force approach - at intervals while a call is active the main window is minimised just in case.

I still don't understand how you can get the Skype main window appearing if you're in Silent Mode - I can't reproduce this on my system(s). Do you make calls with the plugin window active in MP? If not, can you try it for me - the Silent Mode indicator should track the actual state so you will be able to see more about what's happening. Also, if you attach a log file there might be a clue there as well.

Still looking at killing the QFB window - it's difficult to test since it only appears on a percentage of SkypeOut calls...

Attachments

• Skype4MP.MPI
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom