Skype plugin (1 Viewer)

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
I will give it a try.. thanks for the fix!!!
I'll let you know how it turns out.

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
Quick update - the Skype case has indeed been closed, with the final comment

We will see if we can make it less annoying.

Not very hopeful, is it? :(

:( oh well. thanks for trying...

I did give your fix a try this weekend.. I'm happy to say it works.. i see the window pop up and then is closed right away.. that's great.. thank you for fixing that..

I'm not sure about the QFB window, it hasn't shown up yet, but i don't make or receive a ton of calls on this phone.. so we'll see..

I do have one further issue to report. in the options, i can set "show incoming calls"
when i set this to NO, every time i get a call, it still comes up on the screen and asks if i want to accept the call or not (this is a MP pop up window) so it doesn't appear that this setting has any effect at the moment..

again thanks for the fix! it makes my MP experience that much more enjoyable!
:D

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Great - I'll include those changes in the next release (soon). If you could keep using that one for now and let me know if it causes any other problems, that'd be cool...

At the moment, most of the Settings (on the Settings screen) don't take effect until you restart MP - I've still got a bit of work to do on that, but at least the changes are saved to the config file :)

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
V0.1.1.6 is released

Requires MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 RC1; requires Skype V3.8.0.X, with the Extras Manager installed.

Note: Does not work with Skype 4.0 Beta (yet)...

See the repository at MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - Skype4MP Updated for installation/configuration instructions.

Wiki is at Extensions-Plugins/Skype4MP - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

V0.1.1.6

Allows you to change the Audio Input and Output devices from the GUI - useful if you want to switch from a headset to the speakers (so you can let the whole family in on the conversation). Setting this changes it for Skype, not just the current call, so subsequent calls will use the same devices.

Note: There's a bit of jiggery-pokery going on to make the device names fit the GUI controls and still be easily identifiable, so if it doesn't work for you, please let me know (and include MediaPortal.log!).

V0.1.1.5 (test release)

During a call, suppresses the Skype window with extreme prejudice unless Video is being received.

V0.1.1.4:

Added screen to allow changing all configuration options from within MP, although some (notably the Handle Voice/Chat) won't take effect until MP is restarted.

V0.1.1.3:

1. Added options to pause media while asking for confirmation of voice call or chat message responses.

2. Added Silent Mode option. Silent

3. Added "Ignore incoming calls" option.

As always, report bugs etc here please. It always helps to please include your MediaPortal.log.

Notes:

1. You need to install the Extras Manager when installing Skype - this will install the Skype4COM wrapper required. Alternatively, you can download Skype4COM from the Skype website at https://developer.skype.com/Docs/Skype4COM

2. Vista: On Vista, MediaPortal and Skype have to run at the same Integrity Level. Since MP runs as Administrator, this means that the best way to start Skype is to let MP do it (either automatically at start up, or on demand from the plugin).

3. Vista: If you have a Skype phone (e.g. Philips VOIP321), you have to make sure that its drivers are also running as administrator (since MP has to anyway). Otherwise, the phone will not be able to connect to Skype.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Skype4MP.MPI
    30.6 KB

Tainted

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Hi TesterBoy,

Great efforts so far. Though I have yet to get it running.

I have installed MP RC1, the above Skype4MP.MPI, latest version of skype and extras enabled.
When I go into MP config the MP config crashes when I click on plugins so I cant configure the Skype plugin?

What can I give you to help diagnose the problem?

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi TesterBoy,

Great efforts so far. Though I have yet to get it running.

I have installed MP RC1, the above Skype4MP.MPI, latest version of skype and extras enabled.
When I go into MP config the MP config crashes when I click on plugins so I cant configure the Skype plugin?

What can I give you to help diagnose the problem?

Do you get any error dialogs etc? Does the TestTool get fired up - it should bundle up all the logs for me.

Alternatively, Configuration.log would be appropriate to start with...

@all - anybody else having problems?

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
OK few things..
I installed 116 today.
116 is working good with latest svn. no problems..

bug - when i go into settings from within media portal, i see the options, but they are all grayed out.. i cant change any of them.. i can however make changes when i run the MP config program, and then do configuration on the plugin.

request - when a called is missed and goes to skype voice mail. it shows the missed call inside media portal, but is it possible to play that Voice mail from media portal? right now i'm exiting out of MP and opening up skype to play them..

:D

also FYI - downloading the plugin from the main MP page, gives an error.. i was able to download it from the forum link you provided in the announcement post you made.

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
1. Can you please provide a copy of your MediaPortal.log - restart MP, go to the plugin, start Skype if necessary, go to the settings page, then close MP - attach the log...

2. Voice mail is probably the next enhancement - anything else wanted? (apart from Video, for which Skype haven't yet done API's :( )

3. I've asked the website manager to have a look at the problem...

Edit: The link from the repository (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/MediaPortalInstaller(MPI)/Web/Skype4MPUpdated/) should work now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom