Skype plugin (2 Viewers)

blakeb1985

Portal Member
October 16, 2007
I am running Vista 64-bit and I get an error after installing the MPI. Before I even open Mediaportal, when I go to configure the plugin, I get an error it says:

Failed to locate assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound,
Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35',
Note that the configuration program must be executed
from/reside in the Mediaportal folder, the execution will now end.

And it closes. I think it may be because my Mediaportal install directory is Program Files (x86), but i dont know.

mvtl9902

Portal Member
June 8, 2008
Home Country
France France
I am running Vista 64-bit and I get an error after installing the MPI. Before I even open Mediaportal, when I go to configure the plugin, I get an error it says:

Failed to locate assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound,
Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35',
Note that the configuration program must be executed
from/reside in the Mediaportal folder, the execution will now end.

And it closes. I think it may be because my Mediaportal install directory is Program Files (x86), but i dont know.

Same error running vista 32.

mvtl9902

Portal Member
June 8, 2008
Home Country
France France
Don't sorry about that ! You've done a great job. Thank's for that.
The DirectX Redist solves the error.

;-)

Edit: It seems to be impossible to manage video calls when MP has the option "always on top" enable.
MP is of course always on focus. Is it possible to temporary disable this option during video calls ? Thanks

Duke_ivo

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
Hello,

Installed latest version - works fine. Thanks a lot for this plugin, but i have Q regarding video - is this future feature or is should work already now ? I have camera attached, it shows video in Skype but not in MP.

Thanks,

Duke_ivo

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
Hello,

Another strange plug-in behaviour. I don't know maybe that's planned funtionality.

If i'm in video section for example and getting incoming call i'm alerted if i wish to answer. If i say YES - i get video stopped which is fine but i'm not transfered to Skype page to see call status etc or to be able to stop the call. I'm just staying in video page.

Is this bug or feature ?

Thanks in advance,

- Ivo -

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
I'm busy making xml files for the Project Mayhem Blue Mod skin. I noticed that SkypeMP is the only plugin which doesn't seem to have/support a hover image. This means it is the only plugin without an image on the home screen. I checked the default Blue Two skin to be sure.

Am I overlooking something? If not, could this be added? :)

Besides this I have some "feature requests" you could think about...

1) a calling dialog (were calling status icons, labels and avatar can be placed), that pops up when making a call. This would allow for a less cluttered main window.

2) Move the audio devices button to the settings page. Again, to make for a less clutterred main window.

3) The option to start with either Skype or SkypeOut contacts, or maybe even both. I only use SkypeOut and the plugin requires me to select the SkypeOut contacts each and everytime I use it...

I really hope you are still developing this plugin! :)

jozinecko

Portal Member
January 3, 2008
Hello,
for first I want to excuse me if someone answered on question like I have, I tried find it, but I was unsuccessful.
Is possible when I make a call to have camera of my caller on full screen not only on main skype at backround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom