Skystar2, Dishnetwork & Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

scapeone

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
Hi all,

I've searched some old posts and have found nothing since June on Mediaportal support for Dishnetwork using the Skystar2 card...could anyone perhaps give an update on this capability, and if plugins are now supported as well? (yes, I am a subscriber of DishNet, i just want to access my subscription through my HTPC rather than my set top box)

I just recently switched to the Skystar2 after discovering that my Twinhan 102g was even more difficult to manage than this one...at least now with the Skystar i can scan transponders on 110 and 119 for channels, but no channels are coming up whatsoever...please help me!!!

much thanks in advance....

scapeone

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
update

okay, so I kinda gave up and went for the skystar2, found that i got a inch farther in this...i was able to get a signal for both Echo6,8 and Echo 7...however when i scan channels nothing comes up, scrambled or not. I posted a bug report yesterday, hopefully someone will share in my anguish...is anyone else having this problem with the Dishnet satellites in North America? any input would be greatly appreciated.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am sure if you have been searching through the fourms on this.. you have seen my posts. I have asked the exact same thing over and over and even got in trouble with Agree about bugging him about this issue on IRC. I sent him logs, error codes, and everthing I could think of but nothing ever came of it. I have not done any testing on this for a long time. I still use MP... but I recrod all my shows with My theatre. My theatre works perfect with dish.... so I don't understand what the MP team is missing to get this to work.

I Hope someone in the future can get this too work..

scapeone

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    I hear ya...but I am not looking for anything related to piracy, I am actually insterested in knowing why I cannot pick up channels on Echo 6,8 & 7 even though it shows I am scanning transponders...I am referring to scrambled OR fta...I believe it may be a MP issue, a settings issue, or a skystar issue...I'll deal with plugins issue on my own.

If anyone can provide input or assistance, it would be greatly appreciated...I doubt that I am the only guy in North America seeking to make this happen!

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    As you can see from my Posts over HERE.

I have said that in the logs it even shows how many channels are on each transponder. The problem is that it says "no service id" I don't really know what this means. I am thinking all the other programs pull this back and MP does not.

We need someone in the states to take a look at this... one of the issues is that all the developers are unable to hit those birds for testing. If someone would like to take a look at this... I am sure scapeone and myself would be willing to supply anyone with as much details as we can.

This is just one more step to making MP the very best (HANDS DOWN) HTPC frontend out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom