Sleep Timer button while watching MyTV (1 Viewer)

xclocked

Portal Pro
August 8, 2005
Sydney, Australia
It would really make the MediaPortal TV experience much more enjoyable if it had a sleep/shutdown timer. I only setup MediaPortal to watch TV late at night before i go to bed. I hate falling asleep with the Computer still on or having to wakeup to turn it off incase i fall asleep.

What i'm thinking about is a feature that will add 5minutes to the sleep timer each time the button is pressed with a little textbox on the screen showing the ammount of time it's going to turn off. And 1 minute before it turns off, It will say 'Goodnight'.

If you've noticed, many TV's have this feature.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    xclocked said:
    It would really make the MediaPortal TV experience much more enjoyable if it had a sleep/shutdown timer. I only setup MediaPortal to watch TV late at night before i go to bed. I hate falling asleep with the TV on or having to wakeup to turn it off incase i fall asleep.

What i'm thinking about is a feature that will add 5minutes to the sleep timer each time the button is pressed with a little textbox on the screen showing the ammount of time it's going to turn off. And 1 minute before it turns off, It will say 'Goodnight'.

If you've noticed, many TV's have this feature.

The My alarm plugin has a sleeptimer. Goto the alarm plugin, click the sleep timer button. Set the time and click the shutdown computer button (uses the power scheduler plugin) and go watch tv.

xclocked

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I know, you allready told me. But that's too much of a procedure as i allready replied to you (YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER EASY POST). What i would like is a button to add more minutes to the sleep timer each time it is pushed.

Example:

1 press: 10min
    2 press: 20min
    3 press: 30min
    4 press: 0min

Something like that would be really easy and usefull for people that watch TV before sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up in the Home screen. Would be nice if it could start on TV (if that's where MP was when put to sleep), just like my older Panasonic PVR. But this workaround is reasonable. I will add that sometimes, even...
    Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up...
    Hello, I have MP 1.22 freshly installed on a Windows 10 x64, Ver 1903. This was an upgrade from WIndows 10 x32. When I setup the...
    Replies
    Views
    Here's the log files created by Watchdog. Not sure if there is something about those power settings, as I have recently just kept my HTPC open to avoid having to restart HTPC manually...
    Here's the log files created by Watchdog. Not sure if there is something about those power settings, as I have recently just kept...
    Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone has noticed that recently probably some Windows 10 update messed up Mediaportal...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello again One key (which I hope should be obvious): TV Server can't record while the PC is asleep (standby/hibernate). The hardware is mostly powered down; software is not running; nothing is happening while the PC is asleep. So, how do you minimise power usage? In short, the answer is TV Server's PowerScheduler plugin. This...
    Hello again One key (which I hope should be obvious): TV Server can't record while the PC is asleep (standby/hibernate). The...
    I seem to have some trouble understanding how MP should be setup to work when I switch my TV and PC off and the PC goes into sleep...
    Replies
    Views
    Afternoon people! Issue that has been bugging me for a little while now, when MediaPortal CLIENT resumes from an Idle system induced sleep (not PS or anything else), it has lost the TVServer (Server/Client setup) and it will bring up the search for server window. When put to sleep manually using the power button on the remote, it...
    Afternoon people! Issue that has been bugging me for a little while now, when MediaPortal CLIENT resumes from an Idle system...
    Afternoon people! Issue that has been bugging me for a little while now, when MediaPortal CLIENT resumes from an Idle system...
    Replies
    Views
    You're welcome. I'm happy to try to help where I can. :) Let's be really clear. There are channel numbers... and there are channel IDs. These are two different things. mc2xml's channel IDs haven't got a hope of matching up to MediaPortals. mc2xml has IDs that are something like "I20.515292.microsoft.com" (or maybe...
    You're welcome. I'm happy to try to help where I can. :) Let's be really clear. There are channel numbers... and there are...
    Well it seems the party is well & truly over.
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom