Sleep Timer button while watching MyTV (1 Viewer)

xclocked

Portal Pro
August 8, 2005
Sydney, Australia
It would really make the MediaPortal TV experience much more enjoyable if it had a sleep/shutdown timer. I only setup MediaPortal to watch TV late at night before i go to bed. I hate falling asleep with the Computer still on or having to wakeup to turn it off incase i fall asleep.

What i'm thinking about is a feature that will add 5minutes to the sleep timer each time the button is pressed with a little textbox on the screen showing the ammount of time it's going to turn off. And 1 minute before it turns off, It will say 'Goodnight'.

If you've noticed, many TV's have this feature.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    xclocked said:
    It would really make the MediaPortal TV experience much more enjoyable if it had a sleep/shutdown timer. I only setup MediaPortal to watch TV late at night before i go to bed. I hate falling asleep with the TV on or having to wakeup to turn it off incase i fall asleep.

What i'm thinking about is a feature that will add 5minutes to the sleep timer each time the button is pressed with a little textbox on the screen showing the ammount of time it's going to turn off. And 1 minute before it turns off, It will say 'Goodnight'.

If you've noticed, many TV's have this feature.

The My alarm plugin has a sleeptimer. Goto the alarm plugin, click the sleep timer button. Set the time and click the shutdown computer button (uses the power scheduler plugin) and go watch tv.

xclocked

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I know, you allready told me. But that's too much of a procedure as i allready replied to you (YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER EASY POST). What i would like is a button to add more minutes to the sleep timer each time it is pushed.

Example:

1 press: 10min
    2 press: 20min
    3 press: 30min
    4 press: 0min

Something like that would be really easy and usefull for people that watch TV before sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom