Sleep-Timer (Put system to sleep in x) (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll improve the plugin soon ;)

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I'll improve the plugin soon ;)

PLEASE PLEASE, I'm using EABIN patch so MP works better under Vista. The advantages of the patch are:
    1.- When you go to My DVD you don't see the windows Desktop (all the icons) very ugly
    2- When starting a TV channel on another card you don't see main MP window going black with a Windows Title of "NO response"

The bad part..
    MY alarm Sleep funtion does not work..
    I have check the code and the diference is that the "Ontimer" even is not fired with the Eabin Patch.. I have spend a lot of time trying to search the bug.. but unfortunately my MP internal knowlage and C# is not enouth.. :(

Can you check the EABIN patch and try to may Myalarm compatible?

I have been using EABIN patch for months and works great, the only problem it breaks MyAlarm Seep..

Milion off thanks!

Iosu
    Note: I have attach EABIN's patch
    I forgot to mention I'm using EVR :)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll look at the diff and see why it breaks the plugin. Although recalling it's code there's nothing special - so most likely the "patch" does break a few other parts of MP as well..

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    It's breaking other part of MP?? I did have any more issues other that MyAlarm..
    But you are the developer :)

What I know is that with this patch the MP and Vista Experience is much better... :)

Thank you !!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Eabin's patch is basically nothing more than only rendering every 2nd frame. Therefore your performance problems seem to be solved - which gfx card do you use btw?

The "patch" just has to be recompiled as some other stuff in MediaPortal.cs has been changed as well (regarding the idle detection).

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Eabin's patch is basically nothing more than only rendering every 2nd frame. Therefore your performance problems seem to be solved - which gfx card do you use btw?

The "patch" just has to be recompiled as some other stuff in MediaPortal.cs has been changed as well (regarding the idle detection).

Do you have vista? Because with this patch, the Vista experience with Mp is much better..(I hate to see the desktop every time I change from one Tuner to another tuner, or when I start a recording show..) But the question is, why this patch breaks MyAlarm, Sleep ?? I can see the relation, do you know how to fixed?

I'm lost :-(
    Iosu

NOte.
    I have Nvidia 7600GT and Nvidia 8600m, bouth under vista and nvidia driver ver 174.74

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    i really hope rtv is wrong about the patch :)
    what it is supposed to do is to avoid blocking the Message Queue by doing as much as possible in a second thread and not in "WM_IDLE". If the WM_IDLE message does not return within a certain time, vista thinks that the process hangs. and because all of the time intensive stuff (building the directshow graph, reading tv-epg-data, ...) is done within this message handler too, this happens quite often.

i knew beforehand that this patch will break a lot of stuff, because many things don't like being called from different threads (you just gotta love MS+.NET for that). this is e.g. the case with visualizations in My Music , and seems to be something similar with My Alarms. and it is the reason why i never tried commiting it. this can only be really fixed by re-designing a big part of MP --> hence i wait for MP II which (hopefully?) does not suffer from this issue.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi Eabin, Nice to see you back

So, the conclusion is that is hard to fix this problem? That's to bad, because you can see that the "no responding" window and that each time it take a long time to change some time you see the windows desktop. VER VERU hugly

Iosu

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But the Sleep Timer in MyAlarm is broken anyway, even if you don't have said patch, isn't it?
    When I set up a sleep timer it ticks till zero, then MediaPortal is closed and that's it. (I checked the option to shut down the computer, yes ;))

Or is it my system? Normal hibernate (from windows and the MediaPortal top bar) works ...

Also it would be great to see the status of the sleep timer (e.g. 20 mins left) when you already left the MyAlarm screen. Like as an overlay in a screen corner or like the "now playing" control which you can see while browsing the menu and listening to music at the same time.
    Just a wish O:)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there already a fix for the sleep timer? I also would like to have a sleep like - go off in 5,10,15,30 and so on minutes via a Button on the Remote - or is this not possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom