SleepControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ah - ok - sounds good - looking forward to it :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I like to know: Is there a way to use this plugin WITHOUT Mediaportal TV-Server installed? I know I need to install the files: TVControl.dll, TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll and TVDatabase.dll but when I only copy this files to the right direcories, I'm not able to open the plugins tab in MP configuration.. So I really like to know if there is a way to fix it, and if there is: Please post it in your topicstart..

Thanks!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello powermarcel10,
    ... Is there a way to use this plugin WITHOUT Mediaportal TV-Server installed?
    if you have some C# or developer knowledge, you know that there are 3 methods to invoke libraries: You define native pointers to the appropriate routine, you use reflection methods or create a reference to the whole library.
    Native pointers and reflections are are hard to realize, so I've decide at the beginning of each MediaPortal project to use the refrence method. This give you the widest support and best compatibility. The disadvantage of this method is the dependency to this referenced library, which cannot be solved without a redevelopment of affected plugins or executable files.
    What I want to say: I do not make a redevelopment, my free community time is limited. Please live with this restriction or delete it from your harddisk.

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Micropolis,

that's an honest answer.. My knowledge about C# and other developement tools are very limited.. I hope to learn something about that in the future! ;)

Maybe it's an idea to install the tv-server, but don't do anything with it, and use Argus from 4TR still as main tv-server.. If that's possible without any troubles I can still use Sleepcontrol.. Will test that..

Thanks!

EDIT: Or do you know maybe if an installation of 4TR and MP TV-server together will work?

Last edited:

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis...

i noticed an issue with the plugin and my MP 1.3.0. alpha HTPC...

The htpc wont turn off when the configured time is over and when the "screensaver" is active (MP Config blank/black Screen after XXX sec.).
    For example...i want to listen to music before sleeping and setting the timer to 60 min. After setting up the playlist i turn of my TV. The Screensaver time is set to 5 minutes and after that, the screen is blacked out if no video (foreground) is played. If the defined time is over, the htpc wont shutdown/hibernate/standby till i press an button on my remote to disable the screensaver (reactivate MP)....after pressing any button, the htpc is turning to sleep as it should.
    Do you know this issue already? I cant upload some logs at the moment...just noticed that the htpc was running in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Micropolis,

I think I have found a fix!

Very easy..

Choose for a new installation (don't be affraid, everything will be still there after the installation, but make a backup for shure)

Choose:

1) Yes - I will use MediaPortal to watch TV
    2) Perform an advanced installation > MediaPortal Client
    3) Disable the tv plugin in MP configuration under "plugins"

After doing this, the MP tv-server is still not installed, you can still use 4TR but Sleepcontrol is working! :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi legnod,
    ... The htpc wont turn off when the configured time is over and when the "screensaver" is active ...
    I'll take a look to this,, but one question before I'll try to start: is it reproducible and can other HTPC related factors are excluded?

Cheers, Micropolis

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi legnod,
    ... The htpc wont turn off when the configured time is over and when the "screensaver" is active ...
    I'll take a look to this,, but one question before I'll try to start: is it reproducible and can other HTPC related factors are excluded?

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi,

yes i can reproduce it...the last days my htpc was powered on when i woke up. After turning on the TV (screen is black) and pressing a button on my remote, the MP GUI will be shown for 1 or 2 seconds and after that, the htpc turn immediately to sleep. I think i can exclude other factors because it worked well for a long time...a few days ago i updated to MP 1.3.0 alpha and to the current sleepcontrol version.
    Five minutes ago i enabled the sleeptimer to reproduce the issue and i will upload log files maybe in 20 or 30 minutes.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i tried everything twice...but...this time it worked :(. The differences are just the timer-settings...10 and 15 minutes for testing, 1-1.5 hours before sleep and the different Time...the last days i noticed this issue i went to sleep at 2-3 am. Maybe something else changed with mp 1.3.0 alpha that prevents the standby or some other windows service woke up the htpc during the night but i have no idea what this could be...i dont use EPG grabbing or any kind of service that could prevent from standby and recordings wasnt planned the last days. Im sorry for reporting this to early...i will take a further look at this problem within the next days and inform you.
    But isnt it strange that my htpc turns to sleep right after i pressed a button to reinitialize the GUI after it has been turned off/blacked out and this is happening in the morning when the htpc should have been turned off by sleepcontrol 6-7 hours ago?!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom