SleepControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
January 7, 2008
Re: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

Micropolis
I mean "Recording is started or TV,Video is played - SleepControl is wating!!" User get a answer, without skin implementations !

Your mockup, yes it's what I mean, but maybe only for local computer. Simple as possible .

Losttown

losttown

Community Skin Designer
January 7, 2008

Hallo

I cant get it to work :confused:
- If tv is turn on, the standby function dont work at all.
-- If I turn off tv, in MP My TV, the plugin work. I having the same problem with my MS MCE remote,
if tv is on, I have to turn it off, the click the standby button.

Check your Settings, set force mode ! The Plugin is great!!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi losttown,
ok, now I understand the notification request correctly. It's simple to implement.
Regarding the mockup I can follow your idea "Simple as possible" completely, but other users (see here) want use it for network devices and computers. And I know, in which way all my plugins are grown in the last few month due to feature reuqests ;-)

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
January 7, 2008

Micropolis
I thought you can implement the future in SleepControl - "Simple as possible" and other futures in "Machine Control" plugin.

but Thx in advice!

Losttown

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

hi again Micropolis

Why don't you use the autoupdate feature present in mpei :)?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi 1stdead,
hmm, good question. Could you explain me, how I must configure this feature? And could you give me a hint, whats the benefit, if newer skin files are required?

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Last but not least: Do you really use HTPCInfo 0.8 as I can see in your signature?

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Hi 1stdead,
hmm, good question. Could you explain me, how I must configure this feature? And could you give me a hint, whats the benefit, if newer skin files are required?

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Last but not least: Do you really use HTPCInfo 0.8 as I can see in your signature?

Sorry i don't think theres a guide out yet.
Firstly you need a place where your mpei's are stored. Most people use google code. You could share the mpei and update info and people could ask for enchancements/bugs. And you don't have to make your code public if you don't want to. (actually i don't know how google code is working). But you need at least a place to store those two files.
You can generate the update xml in the mpei maker as well. See this picture:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d1259500891-extension-installer-v2-maker1.png

Well benefit: This is how it should work in the future; make it possible to install directly from MePo gui - it is by now :) And yeah that's one of the downsides with skin updates. But you could write that in update info. I think it's worth considering. Quite a lot plugins use it - and it's great that they're updated on MePo start. I don't know whether a smart idea has been implemented but you could ask dukus.

And maybe you can find more help here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-plugins-installer-mpei-212/extension-installer-v2-71542/

No i just made a reinstall so latest :) I don't update my signalture often :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi 1stdead,
since years I use the Microsoft Team Foundation Server and this offers me better functionalities as "cloud" places.
If it is only required to host special xml-update files, I can use my personal web server, but before I want understand the technology behind update routines.

Thx and cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom