SleepControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.6

Micropolis, I have just now thought of one more functionality i think it would be quite nice to have..

I am currently unable to check how you handle #SleepControl.Text property from the plugin (is it updated only while SleepControl window is active or even when it's not active?). It would be good to have this property update even if window is not active (but on longer time span). For example, you update the property each second while window is loaded (as currently), but when window is not active, you update it each minute.. That way, skins could show the current status of the SleepControl on basichome, home and plugins page (or others, for that matter).. Sorry if you already do something similar, as I said, I'm currently unable to check but had to write down the thought :)

Thanks!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.6

Hi SilentExcept,
    the property #SleepControl.Text can be used globally and contains informations about the selected method and counter (see example here). This means, you can display it in each window (my personal skin use common.time.xml).
    This property will be updated each second, if a timer was started, otherwise the property is empty.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

Dear community,
    the updated version v0.7.0 of this plugin is ready for downloading.

Informations for users:
    • The requested functionalities for different counter modes and a functionality to select timer without selection dialog added.
    • For more informations, please take a look into the attached manual.

Informations for skinners:
    • no skin changes required.

Thx to SilentExcept for this improvement ideas, hope it works as expected.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008
    Re: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

Hi!
    Micropolis! Great plugin :D

- I miss only "one" option for example: Hibernate,Stanndby ... at 11 pm and wake up at 7 am (Once,Everyday, Mo-Fr or Fr-So) :)?
    - #SleepControl.Text as notification by ..DialogNotify.. ?

Now, supported also by StreamedMP

r1287 - streamedmp - Project Hosting on Google Code

:D
    Losttown

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi losttown,
    thx for supporting SleepControl within StreamedMP.
    Regarding your requests I have a few questions:
    • additional option: How many different options do you need? Do you need one for everyday, a second for Mo-Fr and a third for Mo-Su? Which machine do you want to wake up? Does your wake up request reflects the same functionality as you can use inside HTPCInfo? Is it better to implement a completely new plugin for this?
    • When do you want to see the notification dialog? In my opinion it is better to show the progress directly using a global skin file (e.g. common.time.xml).

Thx for feedback and cheers, Micropolis ;-)

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi ! A Sleep Timer is just what I am looking for!

I realized a Timer using PSTools (psshutdown etc.)

Some features that would really be great for a MultiSeat Setup!!!!

* activate timer on client to shutdown server and client after n-minutes
    * while listening to music (audiobook) save the last song/part that I was listening to
    * possibility to stop the timer again (from client)
    * support for X-Factor Skín

Bye and keep on the good work

André

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi azimek,
    thx for feedback.
    Currently I think your and the request from losttown describe features, which must be implemented in a completely new plugin. I do not want to overload the functionalities of SleepControl anymore. Lets discuss a proof-of-concept in the next few days.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
    January 7, 2008

Hi!
    @Macropolis

• additional option: How many different options do you need? Do you need one for everyday, a second for Mo-Fr and a third for Mo-Su? Which machine do you want to wake up?
    I think "only" ;) 3 timer
    1.Wake up time - Suspend or...time - Condition (Eveyday or Mo-Fr or Fr-Su)
    Only MP of course friendly for MP on TvServer. On Mp-client without tvserver we have Tvplugin with wakeup function and it makes the wakeup work?
    • Does your wake up request reflects the same functionality as you can use inside HTPCInfo? Is it better to implement a completely new plugin for this?
    I don't think so, it is probably SleepControl function. Can I wakeup local computer with Htpcinfo? It#s only suggestions :confused:
    • When do you want to see the notification dialog?
    Time for shutdown, exit..?, Warnings! (recordings,clients on tvserver, active process. ) I must be configurable.
    • In my opinion it is better to show the progress directly using a global skin file (e.g. common.time.xml).
    Yes!? but it's dependent on skins, we have notification of started recording, incoming calls tv-server problems and in future I hope SleepControl conflicts ... :rolleyes:

I found also small issue in MP window:

Scenario
    I set my standard sleep method on suspend
    I open dialog sleep method window than return button (without choice) and my setting is shutdown ?

Thank you for your interest
    Losttown:D

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi losttown,
    as I said before, in my opinion it's better to create a new plugin for this. Attached you can find a configuration mockup, which shows different scenarios.
    Some answers regarding your points:
    • Wake up functionality: HTPCInfo cannot wake up the machine itself, but it is possible to wake up other computers or network devices.
    • Notification dialog: Why do not use the option "Show confirmation dialogs" or existing options to prevent actions?
    • Progress inside global skin file: Hm, can you please explain it? What do you mean with conflicts?

Your described issue is reproducible, I'll correct the routines in the next few days.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

mail_dkmaste

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hallo

I cant get it to work :confused:
    - If tv is turn on, the standby function dont work at all.
    -- If I turn off tv, in MP My TV, the plugin work. I having the same problem with my MS MCE remote,
    if tv is on, I have to turn it off, the click the standby button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom