SleepControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: SleepControl plugin v0.9.6 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I have posted a SleepControl file for Avalon here: Link This file works with V 0.9.0 but it doesn't work properly for version 0.9.6 (see pic below) but the default skinfile that comes as part of the 0.9.6 download looks like this as well (I have tested it on 2 different setups) so it seems as though something isn't right...

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.3 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: AW: SleepControl plugin v0.9.6 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Do you have installed the TV Server for MP 1.2.1? TV library files are needed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/htpcinfo-plugin-v1-3-2-mediaportal-1-2-0-higher-68791/
You can try if this helps.

Thanks for the link but I already had those files and have just re-downloaded and installed them again just in case I missed anything but still no go for me on the client set-ups.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SleepControl plugin v0.9.6 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I guess I can confirm that. On my HTPC with TV Server + MediaPortal installed everything is okay. On a client machine I see the same as you do. There's also an error.log in the log folder.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SleepControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Dear community,
    the final and feature-complete version of this plugin was published, I'll close the main development cycle now.
    Skin changes are not required, thanks to all contributors and skinners to achieve this milestone.

Cheers, Micropolis

Wiesel

Portal Member
    April 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: SleepControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I know that's not what you're expecting as first answer after the release but since all my questions have been ignored until now, I need to ask again: Are you still not willing to publish the source code although you're using an open source license?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

I know that's not what you're expecting as first answer after the release but since all my questions have been ignored until now, I need to ask again: Are you still not willing to publish the source code although you're using an open source license?

I didn't like your choice of words in any way, try to buy the Microsoft Team Foundation Explorer Anywhere and you get access to my server.

Cheers, Micropolis

Wiesel

Portal Member
    April 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Sorry for being rude but being nice two times didn't get me an answer, this time it worked ;)

I guess you mean the Team Explorer Everywhere? It came with my Visual Studio but since I'm not using Eclipse, and this is an Eclipse plugin, I probably won't need it... or will I? Anyway, it would be very very nice if you could post instructions on how to connect to the Team Foundation Server.

Thank you!

Btw, I don't have the intention of doing anything "bad" with your code so you don't need to be afraid, I'd just like to improve a feature that's not really working out for me.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

... I'd just like to improve a feature that's not really working out for me ...

in this case I'm wondering about the proceeding. Why do you not post, which functionality can be enhanced or is not working, so that other user of this plugin may benefit from this?

Cheers, Micropolis

Wiesel

Portal Member
    April 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Good question... I assumed I'm the only one who needs it (since nobody else mentioned it in this long thread) so I didn't want to do a feature request for something that isn't going to be implemented anyway and just do it by myself.

I'd need a new trigger type "Stop Playback" that stops TV or anything that's playing (and maybe returns to the home screen). Currently I need to use the trigger type "Open Home Screen" which doesn't stop the tuner so it still runs all night and consumes power, or use the "Exit" mode which stops everything as expected but since it closes down MP the screen stays on until the desktop screensaver kicks in (so both methods are unfavourable if you want to stop playback and sleep but the htpc needs to keep running).
    I imagine that feature would just be a few lines of code... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom