Slideshow w. Ken Burns effect too fast when mp3 is played (1 Viewer)

druden

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Denmark
(Needless to say, MP rocks, however I'm afraid I found a small bug...)

Watching a picture slide show with Ken Burns transitions, each picture slides/zooms far to fast when mp3 music files are played simultaneously. If no music is played, the Ken Burns effect works nicely.

I verified this bug on an independant computer (with a GeForce 6200 TurboCache card, no TV tuner, same MP version, same .NET runtime version etc.).

Anybody else noticed the same behaviour?

Regards,
Jesper

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-31)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: 085Ch (Hewlett-Packard)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR 350
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce4 TI 4800 SE (128 MB)
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

18000rpm

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
Hi Druden,

Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm seeing the same thing - the Ken Burns speed becomes a bit erratic. It's slow, then suddenly speeds up for a second, etc.

Thanks...

druden

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Denmark
Hi, it seems it has been fixed some releases ago (with one of the 0.2.0.0 RC's). I currently run 0.2.0.0 with SVN patches up to July, and it works nicely - however, if I play an mp3 playlist while watching a slide show with Ken Burns effect, a small glitch occurs while an mp3 track ends and a new track is loaded (like the slide show stalls for a short while, and the sliding effect triest to "catch up"). It's not a big problem - and certainly works much better than previously at least for me...

druden

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Denmark
I've made tests with two independent MP boxes - 2.8 and 3.0 GHz P4 with HT. One running nVidia GF5200FX and the other GF6600 Ultra - what's your specs, maybe you can post a support template with full specs?

Did you try a complete uninstall, program folder cleanup and reinstall - sometimes features do not work well after patching?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange, I'm running the latest (0.2.0.0 Final)
    Could you please check 0.2.0.4 or svn?
    I guess my fix for the music cpu spikes should affect this, too.

The "catch-up" effect is some architectural problem and it can't be done much about it for the "old" engine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom