Slim TV Video Drops (1 Viewer)

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Hello,
    I have an issue with Slim TV on Summer 2015 Update 1. Video tears, flickers and drop frame. Like if a black screen want to be bring to front. I tried several codecs like LAV, Microsoft , and built in ATI.
    I have no problem with recorded TS files, videos and preview in TV Server config.
    No problem too before switching to mp2 (mp1 was working well and was fully uninstalled).
    I haven't see anything particular in log files.
    Have you any advice to improve TV experience ?

Except this issue MP2 is really, really more responsive than MP1... Great works.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Except this issue MP2 is really, really more responsive than MP1... Great works.

there was a similar thread in german about bad playback quality: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/schlechte-wiedergabequalität.132081/.
    The issues there were mainly caused by enabled "Antialiasing" inside the Skin options. If you have this also enabled, please try to disable it first.

Then, can you please post some screenshot from LiveTV with enabled render stats?
    You enable them with "F10" key.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The issues there were mainly caused by enabled "Antialiasing" inside the Skin options
    Would it be not better to "gray out" this option by default until problems are resolved? For me it brings also graphic errors, when Antialiasing is enabled.

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Thanks for helping,
    Even without antialiasing trouble remain. I will try to change résolution and frequency,

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      450 KB
    • 2.png
      2.png
      1.2 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have following suggestions:
    - Try to toggle render modes by F11 key. This is only for testing.
    - Your screen is set to 59Hz, which is not optimal for European TV standards. I recommend to switch to 50Hz.

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Thanks morpheus,
    I notice than résolution and not only frequency have direct effect on the issue. Finnally i found a well working couple, but i had to use a lower résolution with 50Hz.
    I think i will have to replace my video card (such a shame ;)).

After one week, all is really positive (responsive, fast start, easy to use, ....), my family easily switch to mp2. I won't go back to MP1.
    MP2 ROCKS !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom