SlimTv freeze on channel change (1 Viewer)

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have given MP-2 alpha 4 a test however something is not working correctly with slim tv client after certain time changing channels the screen becomes frozen and to access live tv I need to press the stop button and then go back to live tv again. Then again after few channel changes it will freeze again.

Server is showing that everything is running correctly but there is something with the client. I have installed mediaportal client on a different machine and I get frozen screen as well. Once I press stop and go to view another channel it is working.

The tile of the thread should be Live TV Freezes on Live Tv channel change

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know about those issues, you can only do few things for improvement:
    1. You might try another set of video codecs. If installed, LAV filters are preferred. You might try MS filter (settings->video player->codecs).
    2. If you get a freeze, use "right" key to skip to end, this helps sometimes.
    Both things are only workarounds, I know. Currently I'm working hard on SlimTV improvements and I made good progress. Channel changing is now much more reliable and also new features have been developed.

You can expect a new test version in few weeks :)

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks morpheus_xx . At least the server bit seems stable. Very happy with channel change speed i think it is about same as wmc now.

Looking forward to an update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom