SlimTV: recordings integration into MP2's media library (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is it enough to import recordings in TV server configuration and not as a MP2 media source?
    The recordings share will be added and imported automatically after you first time saved the TV configuration. If a new recording starts, it will be automatically added to the ML due to a notification from TV engine. If you delete a recording from within the GUI it also will be removed from the ML. If you delete (move) the recordings from outside MP2 you need to trigger a reimport of the recordings share to get rid of the no longer valid recordings.

But you can't playback any video without adding them to the ML first. This also is valid for recordings...

I find it really annoying with the recordings are automatically added to movies/series section
    Me too, but others, especially @morpheus_xx wanted it this way. Better would be an option to select, if the user wants this behaviour or not...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your reply. That is quite strange behviour and I wouldn't use MP2 if it is like that. The few movies it actually managed to match were totally wrong, e.g. swedish version of American Idol(program name only 'Idol') was matched to a an old movie called Idol. Can't I fool the media setup in some way, e.g. say that it's not any media type series/movies? I would expect a media type 'Recording' and that these were treated differently. E.g. graphics from recording is not a poster, it's an extracted still from the video file.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can't I fool the media setup in some way, e.g. say that it's not any media type series/movies?
    You can configure the media sources any way you like. Find the recordings source in Settings > Media Sources and uncheck Series and Movies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You can configure the media sources any way you like
    Yes, but not the Recordings share... This always will be threaded as a movies and also series share, no matter what you are check or uncheck there... If people like their recordings to appear directly in movies or series view this is a great thing as you normally only can select movies OR series not both at the same time.

But there are also a lot of people who don't like recordings appear anywhere else because a recording is "raw" material that needs to be cut and transcoded before it should become part of the "stylish" media library. And those people can not prevent recordings from being shown in movies or series views. This needs to be changed imho (and I'm not the only one who thinks the same)..

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, but not the Recordings share...
    You can configure the media sources any way you like. Find the recordings source in Settings > Media Sources and uncheck Series and Movies.
    I think it is like @MrTechno said, you can uncheck the default categories. On startup of TVE3(.5) there is a check if a media source exists, if they exists nothing is done.

If they not exists, there will be created:
    • If there is only one single folder for all recordings: only one media source of type "Video"
    • If there are different patterns with subfolders for single/series recordings: one media source per type is added: "Video/Series" and "Video/Movies"

Edit: we need to extend the wiki pages with this kind of information. Is there anyone of our @DocumentationGroup is still active?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

Yes, but not the Recordings share... This always will be threaded as a movies and also series share, no matter what you are check or uncheck there... If people like their recordings to appear directly in movies or series view this is a great thing as you normally only can select movies OR series not both at the same time.

But there are also a lot of people who don't like recordings appear anywhere else because a recording is "raw" material that needs to be cut and transcoded before it should become part of the "stylish" media library. And those people can not prevent recordings from being shown in movies or series views. This needs to be changed imho (and I'm not the only one who thinks the same)..

Totally agree!!!
    But this setting needs to be in the TVServer, because not everyone installs the client.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think it is like @MrTechno said, you can uncheck the default categories
    No it is definitely not like it.

See here, no movies or series selected on recordings share:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Here are the files actually residing in the recordings folder as I haven't found the time to cut and transcode them now:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Here are the files in my "finished" series folder:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

You see, no S12E04 available there.

And finally what's to be seen in the series view of MP2:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

If there are different patterns with subfolders for single/series recordings: one media source per type is added: "Video/Series" and "Video/Movies"
    So if I decide to have different naming schemes for series and movies then I have to live with the automatic adding to the movies or series views? :confused: Not what I would expect and nothing I like... Especially as the TV Engine has different naming schemes for series and movies as default settings.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way...
    If there are different patterns with subfolders for single/series recordings: one media source per type is added: "Video/Series" and "Video/Movies"
    Here only was one "recordings" share created, also I have different patterns for series and movies.

On startup of TVE3(.5) there is a check if a media source exists, if they exists nothing is done.
    This also isn't (always) working this way. I had a media share for recordings before this feature was introduced. The new one was created nevertheless and for a long time I had two different shares with the same path available. At least until I've deleted the "old" share manually.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it is definitely not like it.
    Ah, I see. This is the "fault" of the TVE recording MDE:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...r/Tve3RecordingMetadataExtractor.cs#L213-L221

If there are available series information, it automatically does a series lookup. The MDE itself doesn't know about the media source configuration, so we will need to separate the logic of reading recording xml's series information into a another MDE.

I will change this.

So if I decide to have different naming schemes for series and movies then I have to live with the automatic adding to the movies or series views? :confused: Not what I would expect and nothing I like... Especially as the TV Engine has different naming schemes for series and movies as default settings.
    To make this clearer: it doesn't depend on the pattern you build by placeholders, but the static parts of the pattern. If the user doesn't change the defaults, the 1st case above is used and all is fine.

So when does the 2nd case happen? (code)
    • You define single pattern like: Movies\%Channel%.%tag1%.... etc. (tag is any of the valid TVE ones).
    • You define a series pattern like: Series\%Channel%\%tag1%
    This means the bold part is taken into considerations: if the user manually decides to place single and series recordings into different subfolders, then the both subfolders are automatically used as Movie / Series folder.

If then the movie/series detection is not wanted, the unchecking of categories will help (after I changed TVE MDEs).

I hope this clarifies the logic behind this.

Btw: I will move out the posts into a new thread, as they do not depend to MPExt discussions.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This also isn't (always) working this way. I had a media share for recordings before this feature was introduced. The new one was created nevertheless and for a long time I had two different shares with the same path available. At least until I've deleted the "old" share manually.
    I think this was a bug, as the check did include one trailing backslash on one side, but not on the other. Fixed this some weeks before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom