SlimTV with MP2 (1 Viewer)

Jason Williams

Portal Member
September 28, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello,

I'm trying to get SlimTV Native to Work with MP2.

When I extract the files, I get a folder and an XML file. The folder is called "Installer{CopyFile}".
My Media Portal directory looks like this:
Program Files <-> Team Media Portal <-> MP2-Server <-> Plugins <-> SlimTv.Service <-> Plugins

When I extract the files into my MP2-Server/Plugins folder and restart the service, SetupTV doesn't see the plugin. If I place the extracted files in the SlimTv.Service\plugins folder, I get an error when I launch SetupTV:
Failed to Locate Assembly. Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder.
I used WinRAR to extract the files.

Jason Williams

Portal Member
September 28, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
I gave on trying to get SchedulesDirect working with SlimTV and decided just to try and test a channel.

I am using a Hauppauge HD PVR. I can see the tuner in the SetupTV app. Obviously you can't do a channel scan with this type of tuner, so I followed a guide I found here to setup a test channel:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-and-colossus-setup-question.121615/

When I try to edit the TuningDetails and select the Video and Audio source, I click OK on the "Edit Channel" window and it doesn't update the list.

Is this setup compatible with this Alpha version of Slim TV?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I try to edit the TuningDetails and select the Video and Audio source, I click OK on the "Edit Channel" window and it doesn't update the list.
    If you are using the SetupTV.exe from the downloaded SlimTV-NativeTv bundle (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/slimtv-nativetv) it should work.

But I can imagine that this special feature might be broken and no one has found this issue before. We will check this.

Jason Williams

Portal Member
    September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Morpheus. Unless I am missing something, it seems like there may be a problem. Will stand by and please let me know if I can provide any logs that would be helpful.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you are using the SetupTV.exe from the downloaded SlimTV-NativeTv bundle (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/slimtv-nativetv) it should work.

But I can imagine that this special feature might be broken and no one has found this issue before. We will check this.

Hm - in this bundle there is no setuptv.exe - only the folders with the pluginfiles ...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If the SlimTV Native plugin is installed (extracted and copied) properly SetupTV.exe can be found here:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service\SetupTv\
    If you don't change the default installation path of MP2 Server, for sure.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok - THX for the Hint ;) - but teh file will not execute (OK - I'm on Windows 8.1 - so this might be the reason ...) - this is the errorinfo when I try (and I have no idea if anyone has a idea what this should mean ...):

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
    Problemsignatur 01: SetupTV.exe
    Problemsignatur 02: 1.4.0.0
    Problemsignatur 03: 523c4eea
    Problemsignatur 04: Castle.Windsor
    Problemsignatur 05: 3.2.0.0
    Problemsignatur 06: 51c73db9
    Problemsignatur 07: 5df
    Problemsignatur 08: 13
    Problemsignatur 09: CPAPPOLIUSFXHMGDYF2QC2GP5R5QMRRA
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 5861
    Zusatzinformation 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
    Zusatzinformation 3: 01d7
    Zusatzinformation 4: 01d7340064827245f2249cd1f1a7c264

As I have 1.5 already running and teh file reffers to 1.4 - maybe that's the reason

Could also be a .net failure - will try to cleanup the installation and reinstall .net

Last edited:

1graser

Portal Member
    September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could also be a .net failure - will try to cleanup the installation and reinstall .net

Hello...
    I have the same problem - is it already solved?
    I'm on Windows Server 2012 R2 and try to run MP2 Alpha 4 ...

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
    Problemsignatur 01: SetupTV.exe
    Problemsignatur 02: 1.2.200.0
    Problemsignatur 03: 52af6682
    Problemsignatur 04: Castle.Windsor
    Problemsignatur 05: 3.1.0.2361
    Problemsignatur 06: 501e1426
    Problemsignatur 07: 31b
    Problemsignatur 08: 13
    Problemsignatur 09: CPAPPOLIUSFXHMGDYF2QC2GP5R5QMRRA
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.400.8
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 5861
    Zusatzinformation 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
    Zusatzinformation 3: 01d7
    Zusatzinformation 4: 01d7340064827245f2249cd1f1a7c264

My log-file gives this error:
    [2013-12-21 00:41:16,696] [453 ] [Main ] [FATAL] - Error starting application
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Die Datei oder Assembly "file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\SlimTv.Resources.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Der Vorgang wird nicht unterstützt. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    Dateiname: "file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\SlimTv.Resources.dll" ---> System.NotSupportedException: Es wurde versucht, eine Assembly von einer Netzwerkadresse zu laden, was in früheren Versionen von .NET Framework zum Ausführen der Assembly als Sandkastenassembly geführt hätte. In dieser Version von .NET Framework wird die CAS-Richtlinie standardmäßig nicht aktiviert, dieser Ladevorgang kann daher gefährlich sein. Wenn Sie nicht beabsichtigen, durch diesen Ladevorgang eine Sandkastenassembly zu erstellen, aktivieren Sie den loadFromRemoteSources-Schalter. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569".
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    bei System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.PluginManager.PluginRuntime.LoadAssemblies()
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.TryActivate(PluginRuntime plugin)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.TryEnable(PluginRuntime plugin, Boolean doAutoActivate)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.Startup(Boolean maintenanceMode)
    bei MediaPortal.Server.ApplicationLauncher.Start()

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's an error because Windows blocks loading assemblies that are downloaded. Please don't extract with Explorer, use 7zip, rar or any other unpacker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom