Slow Motion, Frame by Frame | Page 5

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Kiwi, March 19, 2009.

1. famewolf

famewolf Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    You've indicated your opinion, repeatedly, just about any time someone has indicated their interest, almost to the point that it comes across as browbeating. Hopefully you do not constitute the programming capabilities of the entire mediaportal team and one of them will consider looking into a feature that has some interest for the rest of us. Respectfully, unless you have something new to add why do you feel the need to keep saying the same rhetoric over and over?

I am subscribed to this thread because I'm interested in the enhancement and seeing how many other people are ALSO interested. Why do YOU keep coming back and commenting when you are obviously NOT interested?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Just to point out that there is currently no other devs than me or Scythe working on dshowhelper.dll / EVR presenter code. So the changes to get frame by frame feature implemented are pretty slim (unless some new dev starts to investigate the area of EVR presenter). I personally have moved my development already into MP2, and I think Scythe has done the same, althou he has been fixing few remaining bugs in MP1's EVR presenter.

I wouldn't mind if someone from the community comes up with a good quality patch that provides frame by frame feature (althou it wont of course be in 1.1.0 since the feature freeze). After all, the source code is there, just start developing :)

4. kkendall

kkendall Portal Pro

Senior Marketing & Communication
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Tourette, is it planned to implement frame-by-frame into MP2?

5. Scythe42
    • Premium Supporter

Scythe42 Retired Team Member

Professional Hacker
    Ratings:
    +2,724 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yes, MP2's EVR Presenter will have a frame stepping feature.

Even though some of you just think of the user interface (like pausing and then pressing ff/rew) it's a bit more tricky to implement it, as multiple separate sample queues are required to properly include this feature in the way EVR was designed by MS.

6. Swede

Swede Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    Can you not just fake it a little and make two really quick pauses. It will atleast feel like frame by frame. We can probably do this ourselves in MPControlPlugin.

7. Scythe42
    • Premium Supporter

Scythe42 Retired Team Member

Professional Hacker
    Ratings:
    +2,724 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Will not work.

The EVR Presenter specifications require that the sample queue is flushed when a pause message is received. This will skip whatever is currently in the queue (up to five samples at the moments).

You might notice that pause/resume is currently not frame exact in MP1 when you look closely.

8. sleis

sleis New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

Dont forget. NOTHING is perfect. From this point of view it would never happen.

Please my so lovely Development Team from Media Portal. Do the things which are needed to do like in the past. You'r really doing it good.

But please not forget to listen to us users. I dont want to tell you the reasons why, but I will love to use a slow motion function so much.

9. bugmenot2

bugmenot2 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would also like to have fast motion of x 1.10, 1.20 ... x 2 with sound as well as slow motion. This feature is available in VLC for ever now (and other players).
    Maybe you can get the implementation from there, as I think VLC is open source too.

10. larsbln
    • Premium Supporter

larsbln MP Donator

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Show System Specs
    AW: Slow Motion, Frame by Frame

+21

11. Diffuse

Diffuse New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!