Slow Motion, Frame by Frame (1 Viewer)

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In general I personaly dont see any point in trying to add step by frame support until the playback itself is perfect. And it currently isnt.

You've indicated your opinion, repeatedly, just about any time someone has indicated their interest, almost to the point that it comes across as browbeating. Hopefully you do not constitute the programming capabilities of the entire mediaportal team and one of them will consider looking into a feature that has some interest for the rest of us. Respectfully, unless you have something new to add why do you feel the need to keep saying the same rhetoric over and over?

I am subscribed to this thread because I'm interested in the enhancement and seeing how many other people are ALSO interested. Why do YOU keep coming back and commenting when you are obviously NOT interested?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    In general I personaly dont see any point in trying to add step by frame support until the playback itself is perfect. And it currently isnt.

You've indicated your opinion, repeatedly, just about any time someone has indicated their interest, almost to the point that it comes across as browbeating. Hopefully you do not constitute the programming capabilities of the entire mediaportal team and one of them will consider looking into a feature that has some interest for the rest of us. Respectfully, unless you have something new to add why do you feel the need to keep saying the same rhetoric over and over?

I am subscribed to this thread because I'm interested in the enhancement and seeing how many other people are ALSO interested. Why do YOU keep coming back and commenting when you are obviously NOT interested?

Just to point out that there is currently no other devs than me or Scythe working on dshowhelper.dll / EVR presenter code. So the changes to get frame by frame feature implemented are pretty slim (unless some new dev starts to investigate the area of EVR presenter). I personally have moved my development already into MP2, and I think Scythe has done the same, althou he has been fixing few remaining bugs in MP1's EVR presenter.

I wouldn't mind if someone from the community comes up with a good quality patch that provides frame by frame feature (althou it wont of course be in 1.1.0 since the feature freeze). After all, the source code is there, just start developing :)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tourette, is it planned to implement frame-by-frame into MP2?
    Yes, MP2's EVR Presenter will have a frame stepping feature.

Even though some of you just think of the user interface (like pausing and then pressing ff/rew) it's a bit more tricky to implement it, as multiple separate sample queues are required to properly include this feature in the way EVR was designed by MS.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can you not just fake it a little and make two really quick pauses. It will atleast feel like frame by frame. We can probably do this ourselves in MPControlPlugin.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will not work.

The EVR Presenter specifications require that the sample queue is flushed when a pause message is received. This will skip whatever is currently in the queue (up to five samples at the moments).

You might notice that pause/resume is currently not frame exact in MP1 when you look closely.

sleis

May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Dont forget. NOTHING is perfect. From this point of view it would never happen.

Please my so lovely Development Team from Media Portal. Do the things which are needed to do like in the past. You'r really doing it good.

But please not forget to listen to us users. I dont want to tell you the reasons why, but I will love to use a slow motion function so much.

bugmenot2

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    I would also like to have fast motion of x 1.10, 1.20 ... x 2 with sound as well as slow motion. This feature is available in VLC for ever now (and other players).
    Maybe you can get the implementation from there, as I think VLC is open source too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom